chuckakers

Amazing parachute fix

you'd think the FAA would have something to say about using mighty mendit to fix a tear in your canopy.

The FAA only cares that you have a certified container/harness, reserve, and additional parachute that you intend to land.

It would seem that the jumper landed the canopy held together by Mendit, although it was deployed out of a D-bag at low speed to limit opening forces and stress on the canopy topskin.

Perfectly legal.

Just saw Billy Mays hawking "Mighty Mendit" glue on TV. Must be good stuff. They used it to fix a rip in a canopy, then jumped and landed it! Must have been a reserve too, as you could see a freebag come off the canopy during deployment.

That repair was along a bottom skin, loaded seam, but since the repair is bounded by two bar-tacks (at line attachment points) it would not split very far, even if the glue (er ... flexible bonding agent) failed).
The video was too fuzzy to tell if it was ever sewn with E Thread before gluing???
Because that was a large, lightly-loaded canopy, you can get away with much sloppier repairs than modern canopies. I would not try that repair on a tiny Velocity.

Just because it was deployed from a free-bag does not rigidly identify it as a reserve.

Just because it was deployed from a free-bag does not rigidly identify it as a reserve.

Yeah, but it was a solid bright yellow 7 cell and looks like it came off the high end of the guy's back.

No matter, anyone can pirate a video of a real reserve deployment and say their glue fixed it. Just like they can surround some guy with dreamy looking babes who giggle about what a big dick he got from taking herbal placebos.

P.T. Barnum would be justly proud of this commercial.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

damn, i guess i cant try it out

"Actual demonstration with a professional skydiver. Do not attempt"

well, i guess ill just believe them then
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message