gixxer5223

270 swoop mistake

you've been a bad boy and you deserve a break!

Dave

Sounds like he got the break you think he deserves.:P
I'd have hoped for worse.

People who do stupid things should hurt themselves just badly enough (but not enough to do permanent damage) to teach them judgement before they hurt some one else, do irreversible damage, or die.

gixxer5223's post implied that this time he didn't hurt himself enough to learn.

I hope that next time he only does enough temporary damage to learn judgement.
+1

A Stiletto 120 at less than 200 jumps. I consider selling him that, or knowingly allowing him to jump that, nothing less than criminal. But that doesn't mean he should not have known better, and unfortunately pain and suffering probably is the only way he will learn.
Johan.
I am. I think.

Its another reason why I give canopy coaching on the super cheap. I use my mistakes as examples.

So you make it up in volume then??:P Sorry, couldn't resist.

Most of us have been there, some of us were lucky, some weren't. We all also got the same advice, some we listened to and some we didn't. We have got to find another way to talk to newbies about this stuff, "don't do it" isn't working. Like Kallend said, age cures testosterone poisioning, getting there is the hard part. Hopefully gixer will learn something from his injuries, it just doesn't sound like it.[:/][:/]

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

sounds like whoever sold him a 120 stiletto when he was fresh out of AFF needs a kick in the ass too!!!

OP's stupidity, seller's greed. What a combo.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Dont worry guys, I know the kid. When I get back into town Ill put my size 11.5 firmly in his ass.

D

Sounds like someone should have done that a long time ago[:/] Maybe an ST&A??>:(Or DZO, or DZM!>:(
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Hey buddy, dont listen to these guys, they know shit, talk to me , i'll sell you a velo, with a training video and packing instructions. Really good deal. These canopy open and land so softly you can get in the air tomorrow.
Send cash
B|

All wings are safe - until their given to pilots

looks like he still bought the vector 3 even after everyone told him not too.....:(

this is worth repeating..

posted by gixxer5223 on May 28, 2007, 3:02 PM

hey whats up guys, i just got finished with my AFF at sebastian in Florida and im ready to buy a rig. the question i have is what canopy size should i be looking for? Im 5"8' and 160 lbs. i was thinking a 150 but i found a really nice deal on a vector 3 that has a 135 canopy do u think this is to small to start with or no? thanks for your help.

posted by gixxer5223 on Dec 11, 2008, 2:47 PM

hey guys i recently had a bad swoop and bounced. i fractured my L-2 vertebre and broke a small bone above my tailbone.. the recovery time is said to be 6-8 weeks has anyone healed earlier??? im 22 and in great shape i cant wait 6-8weeks to jump again any suggestions or good exercises and stretches to do to aid in the recovery time? thanks guys.

doesn't sound like it was a very nice deal does it???

why did he ask for advice if the rig was right for him, and then ignore the advice of many that told him it was too small???

this shit makes no fucking sense!!!

think people!!! be safe out there, somebody loves you..

What's amazing is he went almost 7 months on this HP canopy without killing himself. And how many times was he told not to jump it after he bought it? Wonder what that 1st ride on it was like? Just curious

this is worth repeating..

posted by gixxer5223 on May 28, 2007, 3:02 PM

hey whats up guys, i just got finished with my AFF at sebastian in Florida and im ready to buy a rig. the question i have is what canopy size should i be looking for? Im 5"8' and 160 lbs. i was thinking a 150 but i found a really nice deal on a vector 3 that has a 135 canopy do u think this is to small to start with or no? thanks for your help.

posted by gixxer5223 on Dec 11, 2008, 2:47 PM

hey guys i recently had a bad swoop and bounced. i fractured my L-2 vertebre and broke a small bone above my tailbone.. the recovery time is said to be 6-8 weeks has anyone healed earlier??? im 22 and in great shape i cant wait 6-8weeks to jump again any suggestions or good exercises and stretches to do to aid in the recovery time? thanks guys.

Again, this stuff is worth repeating so I'm bouncing it up. Maybe we could make it a sticky? :)

*gixxer5223
Jumps: 194
Main: Stiletto 120 ft² (1.54 lbs/ft²)

In Reply To
hey guys i recently had a bad swoop and bounced. i fractured my L-2 vertebre and broke a small bone above my tailbone.. the recovery time is said to be 6-8 weeks has anyone healed earlier??? im 22 and in great shape i cant wait 6-8weeks to jump again any suggestions or good exercises and stretches to do to aid in the recovery time? thanks guys

Here is hoping a lesson was learned at the school of hard knocks .:S

maybe we should also link to the thread "i finally decided to downsize" and the st. sebastian incident from 2nd of january..

downsizing from a sabre2 210 to a 129 xfire.. :S
even i think thats stupid.. :o

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda