gixxer5223

270 swoop mistake

hey guys i recently had a bad swoop and bounced. i fractured my L-2 vertebre and broke a small bone above my tailbone.. the recovery time is said to be 6-8 weeks has anyone healed earlier??? im 22 and in great shape i cant wait 6-8weeks to jump again any suggestions or good exercises and stretches to do to aid in the recovery time? thanks guys

You'll get plenty of advice on here! It won't have much to do with stretching though.

You broke your back! That's like freaking rule #3 in skydiving. Since you didn't die, now you get time out. Sit in that corner for 6-8 weeks and think about what you did! Don't even think about coming back early... you've been a bad boy and you deserve a break!

Dave

The best stretch you could do is to up size and get coaching.

+1 A stileto 120 @ 1.54 @ 193 jumps:o:SB|[:/] Not to bash to OP but those #'s just dont add up! And doing 270's:S Slow down after you get back and learn to fly a bigger canopy!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

The best stretch you could do is to up size and get coaching.

I love to read the old posts of someone...

My past mistakes are why I'm so vocal now about good canopy choices and coaching. Its another reason why I give canopy coaching on the super cheap. I use my mistakes as examples.

Luckily I had some people in my life that gave me some "no-shit" talks and coached me so I didn't die or get seriously hurt. They helped turn me around so I could progress safely and reach my goals.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

hey guys i recently had a bad swoop and bounced. i fractured my L-2 vertebre and broke a small bone above my tailbone.. the recovery time is said to be 6-8 weeks has anyone healed earlier??? im 22 and in great shape i cant wait 6-8weeks to jump again any suggestions or good exercises and stretches to do to aid in the recovery time? thanks guys

Yep, exercise good judgment... you are lacking a lot of "muscle" in that are ...

Also, consider taking up BASE jumping
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Not sure what kind of fracture you are talking about but in my opinion 6-8 weeks is too short. Not to mention your tailbone will take much longer to heal then the spine.

I did a 30% compression of T-12 and did a jump at 10 weeks. That was 2 weeks before my doctor was going to release me. It was too soon and I was sorry I did it. You will feel better way before you should be doing things. This is nothing to fuck around with. Don't be a dumb ass and fuck yourself up worst.

Stretch your mind? :P

Hey, you got off lucky. Count your blessing. Or screw yourself worse than you already did ..
Johan.
I am. I think.

Sounds like he got the break you think he deserves.

Let me see. 150 jumps. Highly loaded elliptical canopy, way above current experience level. Attempting an advance flying maneuver, i would guess with no proper supervision or training. Putting his close ones in a lot of pain.

PA removed.

Yep, exercise good judgment... you are lacking a lot of "muscle" in that are ...

Also, consider taking up BASE jumping

Age cures testosterone poisoning. But first you have to get there.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

you've been a bad boy and you deserve a break!

Dave

Sounds like he got the break you think he deserves.:P

I'd have hoped for worse.

People who do stupid things should hurt themselves just badly enough (but not enough to do permanent damage) to teach them judgement before they hurt some one else, do irreversible damage, or die.

gixxer5223's post implied that this time he didn't hurt himself enough to learn.

I hope that next time he only does enough temporary damage to learn judgement.

looks like he still bought the vector 3 even after everyone told him not too.....:(

this is worth repeating..

posted by gixxer5223 on May 28, 2007, 3:02 PM

hey whats up guys, i just got finished with my AFF at sebastian in Florida and im ready to buy a rig. the question i have is what canopy size should i be looking for? Im 5"8' and 160 lbs. i was thinking a 150 but i found a really nice deal on a vector 3 that has a 135 canopy do u think this is to small to start with or no? thanks for your help.

posted by gixxer5223 on Dec 11, 2008, 2:47 PM

hey guys i recently had a bad swoop and bounced. i fractured my L-2 vertebre and broke a small bone above my tailbone.. the recovery time is said to be 6-8 weeks has anyone healed earlier??? im 22 and in great shape i cant wait 6-8weeks to jump again any suggestions or good exercises and stretches to do to aid in the recovery time? thanks guys.

doesn't sound like it was a very nice deal does it???

why did he ask for advice if the rig was right for him, and then ignore the advice of many that told him it was too small???

this shit makes no fucking sense!!!

think people!!! be safe out there, somebody loves you..
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell