Jumpdude

Why The Clarksville and ASC DZ's are such Happy places to Skydive

You did notice that the photos they used seem to be focused on the "sex-crazed" slant of gay stereotypes...

At least in this case though - they do seem to be their OWN photo's (for once)! :ph34r:

Oops, sorry - did not mean to interject from afar. And NOT personally taking any stance as to the "gay issue" in any way - either way, at all.

Carry on.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

It's funny to me that if nobody catches on to something like their gay skydiving website, they are just advertising, just like Cat Aids, but when someone does catch on and points it out, all of a sudden, it was only a joke. That's exactly what they said about Cat Aids when the Director of the Clarksville Humane Society showed up in person and got in their shit about it. And that's exactly the same as they're doing now, it was not a joke until I started this thread, and now, it was all a joke. [:/]
Hey, BTW, where'd all that money go that they collected from the Cat Aids Benefit?

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

It's funny to me that if nobody catches on to something like their gay skydiving website, they are just advertising, just like Cat Aids, but when someone does catch on and points it out, all of a sudden, it was only a joke. That's exactly what they said about Cat Aids when the Director of the Clarksville Humane Society showed up in person and got in their shit about it. And that's exactly the same as they're doing now, it was not a joke until I started this thread, and now, it was all a joke. [:/]
Hey, BTW, where'd all that money go that they collected from the Cat Aids Benefit?

Cat KY.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I have my own opinions about the whole skyride issue.. But I have jumped with these guys at outlaw field. (Good friend I was visiting lives in the traffic pattern) Overall, Not a bad place to jump. The only thing I didnt like is the fact the packing area is the lobby of the airport, but hey I could deal with that. I know they put me and a friend up on a load that only had like 6 people on it without waiting to fill the kingair. Thought that was pretty cool. Unfortunatly I only got 2 jumps in that day due to mechanical issues with the plane, but hey that happens:( I am a military pilot and totally understand how that could happen. To be honest I wasnt too happy about going to a dropzone afffiliated with them, but "I" had no issues and even shared a beer with a few of the staff that afternoon. So after all this rambling I guess I just wanted to say "I" had a good time and am aware of skyrides buisness practices and dont agree with them. Oh I have jumped with people on both sides of this argument and all were cool to me!:)

thanks for that, dittodog.

the challenge in dealing with this bunch, is that they want to open arguments about dropzones, but when responded to they wander off into the whole skyride issue. i honestly could never tell if they just want to bicker(rather than jump), or if they are too stupid to maintain a train of thought.

we are defending our dropzone from muckraking, inaccurate assertions and general dumb shit. we don't defend cary, because he doesn't need or ask us us to.
yes, we work for him, in the same sense that the stockboys at walmart works for the deceased sam walton.

the signs were put out in force, to advertise real dropzones.

the tennessee state law that is being bandied about is not being violated in any way.

shark diving/jumping/fucking has nothing to do with us.

everyone has opinions about skyride, even me. calling ASC staff "skyride lackeys" or "thieves" or other derogatory names because they take great pride in the dropzone they work/jump at is ridiculous. if any of you haters think the "skyride supporters" here have a vested interest, or any concern for that matter, in the business practices, (which, for the record, have improved incredibly) of skyride, they are wrong.

if you want to take the tack that we are some how complicit by association, take a real hard look at the corporate structure of the company you work for, the holdings of all your mutual funds, and for that matter the parent company of every business you spend money with. furthermore, you'll want to check the registration of every plane you jump from, even at your "anti skyride" dropzone. the moral high-ground is a slippery terrain….

the chicken jump happened, it was awesome. guess what happened to that chicken? we fucking butchered it, ripped it's feathers out,(gasp)........then baked and ate it. call the faa, aspca, and colonel sanders in!

cat aids, gay skydiving, and ton of other shit was a joke. Do the premises themselves not ridiculous. Funny though, gayskydiving.com has actually generated some business! We “asc lackeys” are totally hooked on skydiving AND having a good time. The “armadillo leprosy boogie”, as well as the “mike paiser, space laser appreciation boogie” are going to be awesome. You are all invited.

We do not create or control websites. We jump.

And your mom has cat aids….
:P
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

Well I guess it worked, now he's not the Lone Ranger afterall, his buddies came out to play! Yeehaa! I don't need a club like USPA to tell me whether or not I can jump and as I've said before, I have never said anything guaging someone's ability as jumpers and I'm not in DZ politics. The only thing I'm here to do is to do my part to get the word out about how crooked sLyride is. AGAIN, I say, surely, all that evidence can't be wrong.....

You just couldn't resist the temptation, could you????;);)

" I don't need a club like USPA to tell me whether or not I can jump ".

atta boy jeff, ya retard.
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

Dude, the PAs really don't help your cause. They might make you feel smarter, but they make you look pretty infantile.

I've never even jumped in Georgia or Tennessee, but if you can't discuss the issues, what good is the discussion.

You have fun jumping where you jump. The company that operates the dz seems to have some issues with how they conduct their nationwide skyride business. Some of those issues are well documented.

You don't answer the phone and tell people that the closest dz is 300 miles away and that they have to pay extra for a pilot chute (or whatever bs answer is the answer du week). But spreading juvenile insults just makes you look juvenile.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Dude, the PAs really don't help your cause. They might make you feel smarter, but they make you look pretty infantile.

I've never even jumped in Georgia or Tennessee, but if you can't discuss the issues, what good is the discussion.

You have fun jumping where you jump. The company that operates the dz seems to have some issues with how they conduct their nationwide skyride business. Some of those issues are well documented.

You don't answer the phone and tell people that the closest dz is 300 miles away and that they have to pay extra for a pilot chute (or whatever bs answer is the answer du week). But spreading juvenile insults just makes you look juvenile.

Wendy W.

heya wendy,

"but if you can't discuss the issues, what good is the discussion." are you kidding me? i have tried to discuss these issues at length. i'm furious with myself for being here discussing this now!

have you subjected your brain to the convoluted logic of these folks? if you haven't, spare yourself!

calling jeff a retard doesn't make me look juvenile. the saturday night antics around here is what makes me look juvenile!

really wendy, what would you propose my cause is?

I won't comment on issues I know nothing about, or in a thread conducted in a surprisingly infantile manner:(

I will just make the point that, although I don't know the man, I have read plenty of theonlyski's posts in various threads and found them to be always pleasant, and mainly informative or entertaining.

Y'all have fun here.....

'To fly is heaven, to freefall is divine'

'You only need 2 tools. WD40 for when it doesn't move but should, and duct tape for when it moves but shouldn't'

I will just make the point that, although I don't know the man, I have read plenty of theonlyski's posts in various threads and found them to be always pleasant, and mainly informative or entertaining.

Well, thank you Pete. I actually try to be as helpfull as I can. And one of these days I plan on making it out to skydive 35. I was going to stop by on new years day, but I heard yall were closed up that way. (driving thru from san marcos back to clarksville)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Couple years ago I took my 80 jump logbook and headed on a skydive trip. New Orleans to Raeford NC. Thought about stopping on the way and checked out Alabama and Georgia. Seemed like some BS going on there as far as finding a place that was really there so I said the heck with it and kept driving. Had a great time in NC and found out that the Farm was the real deal, and there was indeed a bunch of BS going on with some other DZs. I went to the Farm and had a great time. Didn't try any other place. Later on I heard the Skyride story. Point is, those bums screwed it up for every DZ in two states in a way, I think they are a stain on skydiving.
You seem to realize that they are pretty sleazy, and your attitude goes a long way with me. Next time I go that way I'll stop by.
But what do I know?

Like the title says, I've finally figured out what's wrong with sLyride, they're sissies! I always thought there was something that was just not right about those folks, I guess now we know, and the best part is that I may be wrong, but it looks like Chuck Owen swooping in for a landing! Maybe this is why the Clarksville DZ is such a "Happy and Fun" DZ! :Shttp://www.ascskydiving.com/gayskydiving.html

Hey Jumpdude,

Back when I was promoting Rainbow Boogie 2006, I spent a few hundred dollars on Google Ads advertising www.rainbowskydive.com in Year 2006, partly because of this URL of a Skyride home DZ, as I had to compete. I really do not support an ASC URL, due to Skyride's 'sleazy' history.

This ASC URL shows up as #1 on Google for a search of "gay skydiving", so in order to be on the first page, I had to use Google Ads. It was a matter of principle that a few eyeballs got redirected to my site, rather than ASC's.

(For those who ask -- Rainbow Boogie 2006 was the world's first gay skydiving boogie, which I organized along with other people. It was also hetero-friendly too; we even had a 36 way skydive that consisted of about 10 gay/lesbian jumpers and 26 straight jumpers.)

Hey dude, check your PM.

ive decided to be nice today... but you are making that very difficult to do with this reply
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Hey dude, check your PM.

ive decided to be nice today... but you are making that very difficult to do with this reply

And you're getting your nose out of joint because jumpdude sent mdrejohn a PM, why?

Lighten up, Francis.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

the chicken jump happened, it was awesome.

I'm not familiar with the details of that. By any chance did you subject a live, conscious chicken to high-speed freefall? If, so, that might constitute the criminal offense of Cruelty to Animals under Georgia law (GA Statues 16-12-4, et seq.).

I'm not familiar with the details of that. By any chance did you subject a live, conscious chicken to high-speed freefall? If, so, that might constitute the criminal offense of Cruelty to Animals under Georgia law (GA Statues 16-12-4, et seq.).

It was done with a live conscious chicken, as well as a flying squirrel. I've seen the video and pictures on one of their MySpace pages, and they were bragging about it. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

awesome, yet another legal expert graces our discussion.

jump on that, sport.

make sure you get everyone who takes their pet dogs as well.

awesome, yet another legal expert graces our discussion.

jump on that, sport.

make sure you get everyone who takes their pet dogs as well.

Has anyone noticed how there seems to be no law in existance that pertains to sLyride? If you call them and tell them that they are breaking the Tennessee Advertising Law, they will tell you that the law does not pertain to them, just as they have done here in the threads. They have done in the past and are now doing the same thing concerning the animal jumps. And even in the other threads when someone says something about all those customers that got ripped off, they just try to redirect the attention to the ones that actually got their jump as a cheap effort to basically to ignore the victims and basically say that it's not a problem that someone got ripped off. And there's countless other times and instances that they have done this in the past. I don't know each and every detail of sLyride vs USPA, (that's why I've never commented on that issue) but It would not surprise me if they did it then as well. It just baffles the shit out of me how there are a select sector of people in society who have no laws that pertain to them. [:/]
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

its because we are aliens. Diplomatic immunity. now GFY

I expected nothing less...[:/]

you expected nothing less than to GFY?

odd...