Mach1dmb

Canopy Course Perris?

Anyone ever take a canopy course at Perris? I'm going to California soon and was considering taking one, although it was a little pricy compared to whats offered in my region, but I'm willing to pay for it if I know its worth it. If anyone could give any input or some names that would be great.

Mach1dmb

Anyone ever take a canopy course at Perris? I'm going to California soon and was considering taking one, although it was a little pricy compared to whats offered in my region, but I'm willing to pay for it if I know its worth it. If anyone could give any input or some names that would be great.

What's up bro. Their website has some info here:
https://www.skydiveperris.com/canopyschool.aspx

Both are great instructors.

GooniesKid

***Anyone ever take a canopy course at Perris? I'm going to California soon and was considering taking one, although it was a little pricy compared to whats offered in my region, but I'm willing to pay for it if I know its worth it. If anyone could give any input or some names that would be great.

What's up bro. Their website has some info here:
https://www.skydiveperris.com/canopyschool.aspx

Both are great instructors.

Clicky

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Bluhdow

***Talk to Duane Hall, he is the manager of Sq1 and does a ton of canopy coaching there. speedflysports.com is his website and you can reach him at [email protected]. He is pretty flexible with scheduling and you will learn a ton!

Seconded. Duane is solid.

I was emailing him. Originally I was mostly interested in getting my B while I'm out there and I saw on the website Perris advertising a B license progression course if some sort. But Duane doesn't offer water training and he gave me another guy's email, but they haven't got back to me. I'm still considering taking Duane's course, but it is pricy compared to what is offered out here, I was wondering if it really is worth it.

Mach1dmb

******Talk to Duane Hall, he is the manager of Sq1 and does a ton of canopy coaching there. speedflysports.com is his website and you can reach him at [email protected]. He is pretty flexible with scheduling and you will learn a ton!

Seconded. Duane is solid.

I was emailing him. Originally I was mostly interested in getting my B while I'm out there and I saw on the website Perris advertising a B license progression course if some sort. But Duane doesn't offer water training and he gave me another guy's email, but they haven't got back to me. I'm still considering taking Duane's course, but it is pricy compared to what is offered out here, I was wondering if it really is worth it.

Worth it. When i took the canopy course with Duane i was expecting a few (5) hop n' pops, with a briefing/debriefing. Instead, i spent 2 days worth, total of 12 hop n' pops, of canopy flying with Duane teaching and supervising.
Duane watches you from the landing area as soon as you leave the plane, video tapes your landings, and debriefs and critiques. What i got out of it were tools to fly your canopy using different techniques as well as, what i call, "configure yourself for more successful landings.

Note: his ground launch canopy course is separate from the canopy course for the B lic from my understanding. The ground launch course is strictly optional/supplementary. I don't know if Duane changed his curriculum since it's been over a year since I took his course.

If you want the water training @Perris you would have to go through the school, which is a separate cost and offered i think only once a month. (might want to call them to find out).

Hope this helps.

Pretty sure the school does water training the first sunday of the month, call them and they will set it up. Duane focuses on the mechanics and controls, he teaches you what each control does and has you do drills and helps you build the confidence and understanding you need to be a better more aware canopy pilot. He gives you an in depth briefing before you start jumping and video's each jump with a thorough debrief after each jump. Pretty sure his canopy coaching is $250 a day and one day will get your B license proficiency card signed off. His canopy course is completely separate from his speedflying/ground launching course. You won't regret working with him.

AliMac

Pretty sure the school does water training the first sunday of the month, call them and they will set it up. Duane focuses on the mechanics and controls, he teaches you what each control does and has you do drills and helps you build the confidence and understanding you need to be a better more aware canopy pilot. He gives you an in depth briefing before you start jumping and video's each jump with a thorough debrief after each jump. Pretty sure his canopy coaching is $250 a day and one day will get your B license proficiency card signed off. His canopy course is completely separate from his speedflying/ground launching course. You won't regret working with him.

Correct @$250 per day. But when i took the course with him I spend 2 full days worth of hop n' pops plus everything you mentioned; debriefing, video, etc. Don't know if he changed the course a bit from when i last took it but his canopy course is worth the investment..you won't be disappointed.