kallend

Any news of the California state record?

The CA State Record was not broken, but all was not lost. We learned quite a bit from the experience. Beginning with the dirtdives...seriously, they are irreplaceable. We also learned how to keep out spirits up and fatigue (esp. mental) down, during stressful times. Those rides up to 18,000 using oxygen and being told to abort, after waiting in the door in -9 degrees (first attempt) and worse weather were very difficult. I had the pleasure of being rear float, so I was literally chilled to the bone, while looking out the door for so long.

Although it was disappointing that we couldn't jump the 162-way more than once, we loved being with our coaches and getting the best guidance possible from them. Despite it all, I'm realizing that I'm still glad to have had the experience.

Next, comes the JFTC ladies, and they will surely get it done. Plus, it is such a beautiful event for such a good cause. Go pink ladies!

We had the -9 degree stuff at 18,000 ft in last week's SOS event in FL. Brrrr.

I'm pleased that you got something positive out of the experience. It must have been disappointing for the folks who came a long way to be there.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>We had the -9 degree stuff at 18,000 ft in last week's SOS event in FL. Brrrr.

Yep. And we had a pilot who wanted to keep the door open on the way down to keep it from blowing off its track, so we had a long, cold ride down. The higher airspeed didn't help either.

> It must have been disappointing for the folks who came a long way to be there.

Yeah, we had people there from Russia, Australia and Denmark. I felt bad for them - we _never_ get five days of weather in a row like this.

Yep. And we had a pilot who wanted to keep the door open on the way down to keep it from blowing off its track, so we had a long, cold ride down. The higher airspeed didn't help either.

I'm still frozen, sometimes being rear float has it's disadvantages :S

I'm still frozen, sometimes being rear float has it's disadvantages :S

I was also rear float. (H plane) Normally, I would love that slot, but I hear ya on the high-freeze ratio of floaters vs. divers, during our journey to 18,000. That second flight, when we had the second pass, and we were flying at 18K for at least 20 minutes was rough times. I heard that the whole flight took about an hour, but personally, I had no concept of time at that point! Not only did we kill our remaining brain cells prior to our final flight and only actual attempted 162-way, but I've never been so cold in my life. The door situation was brutal. B|

hey i had a great time no matter what...stilll had my carl's junior milkshake and got a new visor for my helmet....and saw all of you guys!! what more could a girl want! worth every mile of that 6000 mile flight!! haha

But the formation itself had some great parts to it, the stadium looked very pretty, the base had a great exit and flew very well, and the wackers on the base built great.

All was looking good until.... der der der! get ready for it....haha hell sometimes it just doesnt happen as we would like to have... but everyone landed safely (some on evern pretty white canopies :() and everyone had a good cold beer and giggle afterwards...

Thanks everyone for some wicked memories xx