mp3

wingsuit and tandem

sure, i'd also put a skyboard on, then you get the best of two worlds..

oh, make sure i get to do video, not only in air, i'd also like to get the reaction of the peeps on the ground! :D:D:D

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

u might have seen those guys that jump from planes that have a "snowboard" on their feet and do crazy spins n'stuff!? not a lot of people do it anymore nowadays, i dont know how old you are, but in the nineties it was kinda rampant..

to seriously answer your question, no, u cant put a wingsuit on. it takes a bit of practice to get into wingsuiting, and doing one tandem is not sufficent.. ;)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Last I heard, there was one WS manufacturer that was working on a tandem wingsuit, but it has been "on the drawing board" for a long time with (to my knowledge) no sign of launch. Personally, I don't think it would work well at all, and likely to cause incredible problems while not giving the "experience" of wingsuiting. If slow fall rates are what you want, tandems are a bad platform to start on (you need a drogue to slow the pair to standard freefall rates). If forward motion is the goal, you'd have the same drogue holding you like an anchor. A better approach woud be to get your license, put in your 200/500, and do it the right way.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

:o

Holy crap! I stand corrected. It is possible!

I stand by the 'monumentally stupid' though!! :D:D

The idea that both the tandem pair would be wearing suits didn't occur to me.

I believe it's been done with only the passenger wearing a wingsuit, only the instructor wearing a wingsuit, and both the passenger and instructor wearing wingsuits. I may be wrong ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I believe it's been done with only the passenger wearing a wingsuit, only the instructor wearing a wingsuit, and both the passenger and instructor wearing wingsuits. I may be wrong ...

That's sure a lot of legstraps to attach. Don't lose count.

I fly a Rigor Mortis I - it's actually a very nice suit. Made my first WS jump on it and it flew like buttuh. (Not recommended for entry-level btw, I'm ninja)

Just ordered a FlockusII. Nick's slightly insane and a tad annoying, but the asshat makes a bomb-proof, well performing suit.

Don't know about the whole Tandus concept, but I can guarantee he'll at least test fly one....dragging a drogue through the Florida skies.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Tell your uncle that he has sand in his vagina if he doesn't bring you on a wingsuit tandem.

Oh, and tell him that you discussed this with skydivers on dropzone.com and we know what we're talking about.

worth repeating, as it's really important!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda