upndownshop

2 Answer Poll-How much are your jump tickets, & what will the increase be in the next 4 to 6 months?

You can click two answers. Poll based on US prices.
1. How much are you currently paying for jump tickets?
2. Assuming they will go up, how much higher will they go in the next 4 to 6 months?

No poll- How much will you pay before you find a new hobby?

Thanks
J

Could not go back and edit poll, if under $21.00 please answer second part and comment on current price.
Thanks again

Not enough options.

Right now we're paying $15 from 10k (182 dz).

I expect to have them go up a $1 per 1k' at the club meeting in March.

Editted to add: I won't find a new hobby, but the higher the price, the fewer jumps I can make. But I'll beat my head against a wall 'til its bloody before I find a new hobby.

$25 for right now. After our DZ mgmt lowering jump prices by $2 when gas prices came back down, I'm thinking it won't go up in the next 4-6 months.

But then again, I know very little about OPEC & oil supply and demand, so I guess it really all depends. I *do* know that our DZO earned some good karma from me on that decision, and it makes me think that he won't raise prices again without the outside influence of inflation (which'll take another few years after the stimulus bill passes) or gas prices significantly rise.

We can discuss the inflationary results of the stimulus in the Speaker's Corner. ;):P

Signatures are the new black.

Many dropzones pre-increased their prices expecting gas prices to stay high. But gas prices went into a freefall...

Assuming gas prices stays roughly stable at where it's now (give or take a few percent), I'd expect there will be 0 price increases this year at most dropzones, unless they already reset their prices.

Well people in the UK are paying from about $28 minimum, $32 average (ish) to $37.5 max (using exchange rate of £1=$1.5) for a jump...

Like has been said above, I won't quit if the prices go up, but I will just end up making less jumps.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Why the hell are jump tickets still going up if gas prices dropped ridiculously low?

He's in the UK. I would say fuel prices are easily double what they are in the US.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Why the hell are jump tickets still going up if gas prices dropped ridiculously low?

My only guess: Inflation.

Over the past 3 months, the U.S. government has printed roughly $1.75 trillion dollars - a little more than 10% of the entire U.S. GDP. The value of a dollar is *slightly* less than it used to be.

(Or were you talking about the UK?)
Signatures are the new black.