yesitsme

Happy With USPA elections

Most of what Jan posted is supported in the Court filings from the Lawsuit.

Keeping mind that the Judge threw out 4 or the 8 Claims that Skyride made in their Lawsuit. The 4 Remaining Complaints that the Judge was going to allow to go to court all dealt with the issues that were brought up in Jans Post.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3235555#3235555

I personally do not believe that there was any great conspiracy between Bangs and Quotossi, But I do believe 100% that reason the USPA had to settle was because they could not win this lawsuit.

Skyride/ASC was correct that the USPA did not follow their own Procedure in expelling them. Skyride was 100% correct in their claims that BANGS used their expulsion to try to recruit their Employees to work for a competing DZ.

The USPA would not have prevailed if this had gone to court because of these two Issues.

Once again, READ the court documents.

Why did the USPA Loose/Settle this case?
1. The USPA did not follow their own rules when the expelled the Skyride DZ`s.
2. USPA EC/BOD members used the expulsion to try to help their own DZ`s.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3234909#3234909

The Judge allowed these claims to stand to go to trial. The USPA had no chance of disputing these claims because they are True.

This is why we had to settle.

Many people have tried say for so long that we lost this case because of Jan. Now we finally get hear Jans side of the story. So far that story (For the most part) meshes completely with the court documents and judges ruling.

I'm fine with all that. The implication from the first paragraph in Jan's post is that Skyride and Bangs were in cahoots. That's the part I'm having trouble believing.

The fact that USPA screwed up the expulsion seems clear. I'm just protesting the implication (never stated, but clearly implied) that the screw-up was purposeful. That, to me, is getting into tin foil hat territory.

- Dan G

So I'm supposed to believe that the whole Skyride thing was planned from the start? What, exactly, was gained by the conspirators? Conspiracy needs a motive, usually financial. I fail to see how anyone benefited from this plot. It seems both parties (Skyride and Bangs) would have been better served if Bangs just arranged to sweep criticism under the rug. If he's capable of pulling off the elobarate plot described in your post, certainly he's capable of quelling internal dissent. Sorry, it seems a bit of a stretch.

And if you really believe what you're implying, you need to go speak with your local US Attorney. What you're describing is felony conspiracy. If this is all true, you can get rid of Glen Bangs once and for all by turning state's evidence.

And no, I have no involvement with Glen Bangs or Skyride.

I think you ought to re-read what I wrote and pay extra attention to the first paragraph. You are shooting the messenger.
Maybe this link will help.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Leading up to the expulsion of Quattrocchi, Butler and their DZs, several people told me about night tandem jumps being conducted at ASC, but no one brought forth any tangible evidence.

Actually, that isn't quite accurate.
Tangible evidence to support such claims was sent to USPA HQ 26 June 2006.

This evidence did come forward, to me, on March 19, 2008

My point being that Jan didn't have the evidence but HQ did.

Leading up to the expulsion of Quattrocchi, Butler and their DZs, several people told me about night tandem jumps being conducted at ASC, but no one brought forth any tangible evidence.

Actually, that isn't quite accurate.
Tangible evidence to support such claims was sent to USPA HQ 26 June 2006.

I should have added 'to me' at the end of that sentence.
Butler and Quattrocchi were expelled in the summer of 2005, evidence submitted a year later would not be a factor at the summer 2005 meeting or investigations done during 2005. Does the claim that you cite mention when the night tandem jumps were done?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I think you ought to re-read what I wrote and pay extra attention to the first paragraph. You are shooting the messenger.
Maybe this link will help.

So people soliciting help for Bangs' wife's breast cancer is now somehow linked to the Skyride debacle?

Did she fake her breast cancer? Are you implying that the breast cancer fund was set up as a cover for Skyride to bribe Bangs? If so, again I urge you to seek the nearest US Attorney, because you have now added wire and mail fraud to your list of federal felony accusations.

Let me get this straight once and for all: Bangs is buddy-buddy with Skyride people. He knows there will be pressure for USPA to deal with their questionable business practices. He conspires with them, in exchange for money surrepititiously donated to help with medical bills, to botch the investigation and screw up their expulsion, thereby providing grounds for the subsequent lawsuit to be settled in their favor. Is that what you are trying to say? If he knew all along that Skyride/ASC would be back in business (in fact had orchestrated the whole thing), why solicit their staff to go to Crosskeys? Was that just to cover his tracks?

Maybe I'm having a hard time reading between the lines, but from what I gather you're making some pretty wild accusations.

- Dan G

Jan says;
A week or so after the summer 2005 meeting Bangs went to the DZ at Pennridge and solicited their staff to work at Crosskeys. Bangs was subsequently dismissed by Crosskeys for this action.

I was there. Glen bangs, myself, and two other jumpers stopped at Pennridge with the skyvan to pick up a jumper (not associated with Pennridge) for a demo.

An unhappy DZ instructor asked ME about working at Crosskeys, and I told him to "send us a resume".

Apparently he thought I was the manager (Glen was the manager), and thats how the whole rumor got started.

We were there for 20 minutes, and Glen never spoke to anyone about working at Crosskeys.

Secondly, the reason that Glen left Crosskey in the middle of the season, is because his wife's health took a turn for the worse.

It surprised no one at Crosskeys that the Skyride people would make these false accusations to further their court case.

PS........................try bowling

I'd vote that this is a personal attack on Jan Meyer.
(healthy debate or not, disagreement or not, this is a personal attack, IMHO)

Jan's bigway coaching skills at Perris, was pretty good in my opinion and helped me make it into my first 100-way at Skydive Perris.