airdvr

Ya think they're nekkid?

http://lincolnnewsmessenger.com/detail/106302.html
Residents, skydiving business at odds
Family living across street from drop zone cites noise, privacy problems

'Living a short distance down Airport Road from his mother, David Johnson said their privacy is invaded and he doesn’t like the idea of parachutes flying over his pool. '

:D:D:D
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Geez people, the guy wants to work with you to come to an agreement both parties can live with. If you aren't even willing to meet with him, then stop being a baby about it. He's done everything he is supposed to in order to run his business legitimately. The fact that he is even courteous to extend the offer to work it out is commendable. He could just tell you, "too bad, buzz off!" I would...

Who registered to comment on the article :D

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Reads like a good PR piece for the DZ. You cant buy advertising like that. I bet the DZO sees a small Spike in Tandem Business thanks to that article.

PR piece - what if they start shooting? Bad ju-ju:P

I've been annoyed by those model_plane_people at my dz, as a skydiver.
More than often.:(

I guess we all are model_plane_people to this family.

Reads like a good PR piece for the DZ. You cant buy advertising like that. I bet the DZO sees a small Spike in Tandem Business thanks to that article.

I was very impressed with the quotes they put in there from Pat. Not surprised at all that Pat would be that articulate and gracious about it, but that he and the DZ were presented in such a positive light by the reporter. Pat's working awfully hard to be a good neighbor, a good airport citizen, and local citizen and it's disappointing to me to see these neighbors so unwilling to even have a discussion with him.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If someone would post if this comes up at the airport authority or city council meeting, I'd gladly drive up the hill to show support for the DZ.

Maybe someone should check to see if the complainer is operating within their business license.

Jump more, post less!

When you're working with neighbors, the best defense generally isn't a good offense. Diplomacy is a better start, really.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If someone would post if this comes up at the airport authority or city council meeting, I'd gladly drive up the hill to show support for the DZ.

Maybe someone should check to see if the complainer is operating within their business license.

Maybe get a horse whisperer to train the horses not to freak out because of the canopy sounds.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Unfortunatly, I haven't had the chance to get up there yet(have been on a personal medical grounding for the moment..booooo!!! ) But plan to get to Lincoln as soon as possible. This article speaks to the same issue of people moving into an airport area and then complaining about the noise from the aircraft.. how stupid!! Now, if they had their property BEFORE the airport was built AND also registered complaints with the city before the airport was built, then I would say there would at least be SOME merrit to his complaint. However, if the complainers property was purchased AFTER the airport was there.. then.. SHUT THE F*** UP and deal with with the normal operations of an airport (including skydiving activities!) ..and did someone say boogie in Lincoln???? say the word.. I'll do my best to be there!! until then... blue skies
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

More assholes with too much money.

They're really gonna be pissed when the swoop pond goes in. :ph34r:

More likely assholes with not enough money.

They settle for land close to an airport because that's what they can afford, and then start complaining about the noise and traffic that's the reason for low property values.

Oh Wow!

This thread brings up so many memories from the '80s. We used to have this hot lady off the end of the runway about a half mile out who had a swimming pool and would sunbathe naked. In the summer one of our jump planes had no door so we would sit in the door and have a peek as we started the climb. Funny thing was she did not seem to mind, she would even wave back at us.

“It’s a cloth-flapping noise,”

Of course, some of the neighbors were not so friendly. One local farmer took the DZ to court because he said our activities caused his pregnant cattle to abort and his laying hens to choke. He also claimed that skydivers caused "irreversable soil compaction" from landings making the land worthless for future agricultural use.

The case was thrown out because he had absolutely no eveidence of "aborted cattle or choked chickens"

The gallery of skydivers found this most amusing and even had T-shirts made that said come on out and choke yer chicken!

LoL!B|B|B|

Onward and Upward!

Hi Scott,

We used to have this hot lady off the end of the runway about a half mile out who had a swimming pool and would sunbathe naked. In the summer one of our jump planes had no door so we would sit in the door and have a peek as we started the climb. Funny thing was she did not seem to mind, she would even wave back at us.

I gotta get out to Ralph's more. :P

JerryBaumchen

Of course, some of the neighbors were not so friendly. One local farmer took the DZ to court because he said our activities caused his pregnant cattle to abort and his laying hens to choke. He also claimed that skydivers caused "irreversable soil compaction" from landings making the land worthless for future agricultural use.

The case was thrown out because he had absolutely no eveidence of "aborted cattle or choked chickens"

The gallery of skydivers found this most amusing and even had T-shirts made that said come on out and choke yer chicken!

LoL!

Laughing so hard I got coffee up the nose! That is hilarious!

--
A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

Darn noisy skeer-diveers, I say we replace them varmits with a nice Blackwater rifle range cross them streets. yee-haw - no mer cloth flappin, just rifle shootin.

You either HAVE been to Davis/Skydance in Nor Cal or you SHOULD.A great!! place to jump. Just north of the main landing area is a gun club where... yes, you can hear the sound of gunfire while coming in.. definatly keeps you on your toes to fly the right patern.. landing there might give you more holes than you were born with!! :D
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

Sounds like I need to go visit Pat pretty soon.

Gun range next to the landing zone in Yolo county. Yep, the sound echos back down from the canopy. I wondered what I was hearing the first time I actually noticed it and kept looking up for whatever was making the noise.

Gabe, a golden retriever, belonged to another skydiver. The dog adopted it's owner one day so there was no history of the new pet. She told me that one day while going for a walk in a field to play ball, she learned it was a true retriever. A shot rang out and the dog perked up and ran toward it.

Fast forward to a day at Skydance. The dog was in the back of the pick up with tailgate latched but the back window was up. It's a pain in the dog's ass to get out over the tailgate due to it not being a young dog.

After breakfast we were walking back to our own vehicles to get our gear. When we got to her truck, she said... "Shit, where's Gabe"

You guessed it

Both of us in unison: "Gun club... F**K"

(note that the gun club was not open for shooting before breakfast so it didn't occur to her)

So we ran over there walked in to find Gabe frothing at the mouth, tied to a tree with a water dish at it's paws. He was maniacally hopping back and forth toward the sounds of gun shots just going nuts with anticipation.

The End.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto