In sport
: 353
: C
: 1 years

Feb 19, 2008, 7:03 AM

Post #1 of 7 (729 views)
Copy Shortcut

BASE FJC Quote | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey if anyone is interested in taking their BASE course this summer. Let me know. I have scheduled my First Jump Course for October 10,11,12,13. If someone else does this course, then we can possibly split hotel rates/food, etc...

PM or reply.

-Jake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

markovwgti

Jumps
License
In sport
: 201
: C
: 1 years

Feb 19, 2008, 2:19 PM

Post #2 of 7 (539 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [baseknut] BASE FJC [In reply to] Quote | Reply

where are you taking it...post all info...thanks?

7 way freeflying
camera jumping
high WL

now BASE??

This guy just gets more and more fun to watch.

Edited to add: Jeb Corliss better hurry up and land that wingsuit before this guy steals his thunder.

I posted that over a month and a half ago..i was just intrested...im not base jumping anytime soon

ouch i got reamed on this post! Umm its a sabre 2 150, my rigger says he thinks its fine for me to be doing it. My wingloading when i had my sabre 2 170 was 1.2. And i had a good 60 stand up landings,...ive had my share of practice with it. I did 2 jumps with it last week and i landed them both on my feet, not much wind at all. It honestly did not seem faster then my 170 at all, which sounds wierd! But im definetly sticking with this canopy until i have around 5-600 jumps...im planning on losing about 15-20 pounds of weight as my gym plans have changed! Just seeing what other people think about it thats all

If you're expecting people to be all excited that you stood up you landings, then IMHO you probably don't need to be downsizing. Not standing up your landings should be the exception. I've only had two non-standup landings in about 100, not that that's supposed to be super or anything, but if you've only had 60 out of 200, then I'm guessing others would agree that a smaller canopy probably ain't in order.
Gravity Waits for No One.

Even if you don't intend on swooping you still have to think about things like being in traffic, say you your on final and someone cuts you up and you have to make a quick decision, at that WL, experience and currency you purely relying on luck :)

If in doubt, whip it out...

Had guy contact me yesterday - 60ish jumps, flying a 189 loaded 1.31 - he wanted to buy a 169 (WL would be 1.46).

I have no words...

Sure you do. "I bet $20 he'll see an emergency within the next year" unless the guy isn't making a hundred jumps a year which means it'll take longer and is likely to be worse.

I always think that and have seen cases of that but there are always exceptions - the luckiest SOBs sometimes squeeze by with a few minor bruises before they learn. Everytime I see those kinds of cases, I hope they end up the lucky ones and not the dead ones... its not worth it to go a bit faster. :S

Dunno how often he comes on. But here are a couple of posts, starting with one that he made a few months after his incident.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3335913#3335913
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3138539;page=3;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
(link to page 3; the first two pages are arguments and pretty content-free as to the specific incident)
News story: http://www.bakersfield.com/hourly_news/story/382427.html

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)