markovwgti

1.333 Wingloading with 160 jumps....

> What do you guys think about that?

Tell us what you want to hear first, so we don't waste a lot of time giving you advice you don't want.

And also tell us what the Chief and/or Senior Instructors at your Home DZ have to say about you under a Sabre 2.

Some junior jumpers are fine under it with their training/aptitude/experience. Others are future members of the "Heavy Metal" Club.

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

I'm interested to know what people think of this aswell.

I am planning on downsizing to a Sabre2 135, a wingloading of ~1.3 once I get 200-250 jumps.

Not sure about the OP, but I have completed everything on billvon's checklist on my current canopy except double front riser approaches (mainly because my canopy's brake lines are too short and it buck's on the fronts).

I have also done several full altitude hop & pops to play around with the canopy, really get to know it, and some non-contact crew, and many regular hop & pops.

Blink

Here is what I think. According to your profile you already have 40 camera jumps and since you didn't follow the recommendations for jumping a camera, I would assume that you aren't going to follow any recommendations regarding your canopy progression.

Some people have a really full luck bucket and can get away with LUCK versus skill. I wish you the best but this can be an unforgiving sport and it doesn't become less forgiving when safety recommendations are ignored.

Maybe you are the exception and for your sake I hope you are. Like I said I honestly wish you the best.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

ouch i got reamed on this post! Umm its a sabre 2 150, my rigger says he thinks its fine for me to be doing it. My wingloading when i had my sabre 2 170 was 1.2. And i had a good 60 stand up landings,...ive had my share of practice with it. I did 2 jumps with it last week and i landed them both on my feet, not much wind at all. It honestly did not seem faster then my 170 at all, which sounds wierd! But im definetly sticking with this canopy until i have around 5-600 jumps...im planning on losing about 15-20 pounds of weight as my gym plans have changed! Just seeing what other people think about it thats all

ouch i got reamed on this post! Umm its a sabre 2 150, my rigger says he thinks its fine for me to be doing it. My wingloading when i had my sabre 2 170 was 1.2. And i had a good 60 stand up landings, starting to do some baby swoops, ...ive had my share of practice with it. I did 2 jumps with it last week and i landed them both on my feet, not much wind at all. It honestly did not seem faster then my 170 at all, which sounds wierd! But im definetly sticking with this canopy until i have around 5-600 jumps...im planning on losing about 15-20 pounds of weight as my gym plans have changed! Just seeing what other people think about it thats all

Who cares if the rigger says it's ok, what do the instructors have to say about it?
Downsizing from a 170 to a 150 isn't just about a smaller canopy, it also has shorter lines and thus is much more responsive. A small 'blip' on final and you'll be eatting dirt...

I'm with ZigZag on this one... Can I have $20 on markovwgti as well?
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Downsizing from a 170 to a 150 isn't just about a smaller canopy, it also has shorter lines and thus is much more responsive. A small 'blip' on final and you'll be eatting dirt...

I progressed from a Hornet 210 to a Hornet 190 to a Sabre2 170 and now a Sabre2 150 loaded at about the same as the OP. So I guess I've been jumping canopies with pretty similar characteristics all along...

I noticed a huge difference going from the 170 to the 150. The first two changes were moderate. The 150 really seems a lot easier to screw up with.
Owned by Remi #?

My wingloading when i had my sabre 2 170 was 1.2. And i had a good 60 stand up landings, starting to do some baby swoops, ...ive had my share of practice with it.

How many landings did you not stand up on that canopy recently? So you've done some partial swoops. How about doing some fuller swoops with your bigger canopy? I don't think you've learned everything you can with that canopy and it's sounds like you're a fairly willing student. 1.2 loading can be pretty sporty.

Am I retarded or am I reading this right? 164 jumps 100 of which are freeflying. That leaves 64 of which 40 are camera. If my math is right you started camera or freeflying before you had qualified for your A license.
I do not know much but I do know:
The DZ you jump at requires 200 jumps to wear a camera.
At least one AFFI, at your DZ does not want to hear the word Freefly until at least 100 jumps.
One particular instructor at your home DZ, me, would be more than willing to sit with you in private setting and go over the material that obviously was missed in your training. We will chat, and stop posting here and making me look like a total incompetent schmuck. That being said, I drink Miller lite. Stop hanging around Jerry he is oviously effecting your judgement.

...starting to do some baby swoops...

:o:o:o:(

At 160 jumps the fact that you are even thinking about swooping is beyond shocking. You have the rest of your skydiving career to worry about swooping and have plenty of time to downsize, only if you live long enough.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

that actually came out the wrong way....i said it the wrong way...i was doing some very small 90 degree front riser turns but they were pretty high up, sorry for the way i wrote it, and im actually not planning on swooping for a long time since i like my legs, thats the one thing that scares me with this sport!

I've read the responses above and am wondering if I need to be worried about anything as my weight has increased by 10# in the last couple of months.

I jumped on an accurate scale today and holly crap I'm 184 without gear. So that is going to put my WL at 1.2 if our A/C is flying this weekend. I went down to Dallas for a weekend three weeks ago and didn't notice anything different under canopy but I know I didn't gain 10 pounds in 3 weeks either. I'm jumping a Sabre 170 and my profile numbers are accurate. Not swooping or doing anything other than keeping up on RW jumps. No swooping or anything but have played with front risers way up high.

My transition was from a Triathalon 190 to my 170. The big difference I noticed from a 7 to 9 cell was the lift of the 9. The tri was pretty old and I could never really get it to "keep flying".

So am I missing something in a .1 change in WL?
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

>Umm its a sabre 2 150, my rigger says he thinks its fine for me to be doing it.

Riggers are experts at maintaining gear; they are not necessarily any good at teaching canopy control. There are several riggers down here who almost never jump, and others with poor judgment when it comes to gear recommendations.

> My wingloading when i had my sabre 2 170 was 1.2. And i had a good
> 60 stand up landings . . .

Good! Then stick with the canopy you can land.

>.im planning on losing about 15-20 pounds of weight as my gym
>plans have changed!

It is always a mistake to bank on weight you will lose, money you will inherit and luck you will have. If you can land the 170 well most of the time, then stick with that.

yeah um im just gona stop posting on here since i cant ever say shit right...laterrr

that is sad

void out the "noise" and there is a lot to learn here..

canopy flight is a part of your soul, and it can cause you to loose your soul if you disrespect it.

take your time to learn what you need, AND enjoy what you have.

learn from the people around you, and most of all, enjoy your new friends.

go to some competitions, talk to people, live, learn and most of all..... have fun.....