bigpapasmurf01

Finally 18! Gonna make my first jump!

Well I am finally 18 and I am going to make my first tandem jump in april. I live in illinois. I looked at the dropzone list and I think I am going to go to chicagoland skydive center. Any other reccomendations? Also what are your thoughts on the picture/package? Should I fork over the extra $100 for the package or should I just have someone take pictures from the ground? Also do you guys have any advice I should take for my first jump?

GET THE VIDEO! You only make your first jump once. The video of your exit and freefall are well worth it. Many people experience "sensory overload" and have gaps in their memory of the jump.

There's lots of good advice for a first tandem (and the video) Here.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I always push the video issue. There is going to be so much sensory overload its gonna be like a drunken night out. Get video and relive it whenever you want in front of friends and family.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

GET THE VIDEO! You only make your first jump once. The video of your exit and freefall are well worth it. Many people experience "sensory overload" and have gaps in their memory of the jump.

There's lots of good advice for a first tandem (and the video) Here.

+1 Also best advise i have is to breath! It will make you relax and enjoy it more. GET VIDEO!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Well I am finally 18 and I am going to make my first tandem jump in april. I live in illinois. I looked at the dropzone list and I think I am going to go to chicagoland skydive center. Any other reccomendations? Also what are your thoughts on the picture/package? Should I fork over the extra $100 for the package or should I just have someone take pictures from the ground? Also do you guys have any advice I should take for my first jump?

I HIGHLY recommend CSC. I flew out there last year with a few buddies and was VERY impressed by the DZ there. Granted, I've only been to 6 DZ's in my short time in skydiving, but they were by far the most well run that I've seen. Amazing gear, beautiful grass runway, amazing aircraft, cool staff. I really want to go back - and I'm all the way in Southern California! GO!

In my experience (and what has been related by me to many others), the video will be viewed a few times right away, then maybe a few more times in the next couple years (mostly to show others), then collect dust for a decade or so until you forget it exists, or store it in the basement with other rarely used items, or toss it.

Especially if you will continue, use the money elsewhere. It'll buy 4 or 5 skydives.

I got video of my tandem and AFF 2 dive. They are of absolutely no interest to me now.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Don't over look Skydive Chicago in Ottawa, IL.
It's arguably the best DZ in the world.
Unbeleivable facilities.

Just go to SkydiveChicago.com

Have fun. it will change your life forever.

And, yes, get the video. You'll regret it if you don't.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

i have to agree with skydivesg. i live really close to CSC (within 15 min) but prefer SDC. if you are looking for a full service facility SDC has onsite camping with shower house and laundry, swimming, liquor bar, wakeboarding, canoeing, and 100's of acres of forest and relaxation.
the diamond can not be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.

I may be wrong, and anyone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that CSC accepts sLyride's business. If so, steer clear of them.
If they do not accept sLyride, please accept my apologies.
CSC and Skydive Chicago are both big. well equipped DZ's, but as long as a DZ accept sLyride, the cancer continues to exist.

Skydive Chicago, definitely does not accept sLyride, so they unconditionally get my recommendation. Give Rook Nelson a call at 1-815-433-0000, he will be sure to take really good care of you.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I'll pipe in with Skydive Chicago, too. Great place, good people.

Get the video...this is one of those no questions asked, no brainer, no regrets decisions.

For the exit, be aware that some tandem masters will do the back flip for you if you ask, some won't. Make your preference known before thay assign a TM to you.

Oh...and be prepared to put half of your future paychecks on the skydiving sacrificial altar.
:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239