MarkTL

Post-Jumping Depression

Does this happen to anyone else? I jumped 4 times on Saturday and next day.. I was so depressed all I could think about was jumping, I stayed in my room most of the day just upset. Im around 40 jumps already and this happens after every time I jump. Do you grow out of this?
Live life with no regrets

Your profile indicates you have 26 jumps. If this is accurate, you are still getting a huge adrenaline rush from every jump. It is natural to feel a bit of a psychological let-down after the adrenaline rush goes away. If it is hitting you so hard that you are not able to leave your home the next day, this is not natural, and it is possible you are having more signficant emotional issues. I am not a doctor, and I would not presume to tell you what to do about this. But to answer your question, that much of a let-down after jumping is most definitely not a normal thing.

NO - I have been unable to jump for various reasons for a couple of weeks now and although I wouldn't call it depressed, i'm definately not in the best of moods lately. I was really upset this weekend as I had to forego the TDS Boogie at Sebastian. [:/]

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

nerver been depressed post-jump, but have had post-jump hang overs many times. i do get antsy if it's been a couple of weeks between jumps, and i have been known to repack my rig on a bad weather weekend just to feel like i did something skydiving related.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

you're right, plenty of people jump at CPI all winter, I choose not to. money is tight and i'd rather save it for better, more enjoyable conditions. I will get up there for a hop n pop every once in a while to keep the edge off. But even if I was jumping here all winter, coming back from Eloy still would have depressed me, it was freakin' awesome there!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke