BaronVonBoll

Non jumping spouses

Not wife, but, I'm in your boat. My girl broke up with me last week because of my lifestyle. If I'm not skydiving or BASE jumping, it's rock/ice climbing, hiking, breakdancing etc. . . I just plain DO NOT sit around waste my life in front of a TV. And I will never make an exeption to that (unless I'm injured or sick I guess. . .)

That being said I just threw her V-day present out the door of an airplane when she sent me the "text
message" informing me of the discontinuance of our relationship!! It was conveinient I was already at the DZ!!:)

If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

Does anyone here have a significant other that doesnt jump? If so how do you get them involved in what you arte doing. Or do you? My wife and I like to travel and I can see myself looking up drop zones in every area we may be going! do many familly member just hang out and socialize while the jumping spouse gets in the plane? how about at boogies. are there numbers of non jumping folks who go? How are they treated by the jumping comunity?
My wife wont get into a plane much less jump from one. but she is great fun to be around and who knows a nurse might be needed sometime!

Just wondering!

Packing weight. She'd be very useful and wouldn't eat up your jump money.;):ph34r:
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Does anyone here have a significant other that doesnt jump?

Sure.

If so how do you get them involved in what you arte doing. Or do you?

If you're traveling someplace nice where there are definitely fun things to do (your wife runs on trails in Moab while you BASE jump) you might take them. Otherwise you leave them home.

My wife and I like to travel and I can see myself looking up drop zones in every area we may be going! do many familly member just hang out and socialize while the jumping spouse gets in the plane?

Drop zones are pretty boring places for people who don't skydive.

how about at boogies. are there numbers of non jumping folks who go?

Boogies are the same, although more alcohol gets consumed afterwards when people talk about skydiving. Again, real boring for non jumpers.

she broke with you via text message?
how classy :S

I was thinking the same thing - :S:S:S:S:S.

that is just cruel>:(>:(>:(
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

If there was no concern of cell phones interfering with the aircraft... I would probably call from the plane...

It won't interfere with the plane, but is against FCC regulations because the phones can reach too many cells using the same frequencies/time slots/etc.

In practice it works up to a few thousand feet.

I'd be willing to call someone from under canopy...if I could rig some lanyard attachment to the phone to prevent losing it.

My wife is a non jumper.. not goin anywhere NEAR a jump plane or craft. She's the one that says the plane has to be going down in flames for her to jump. That being said, she was the one who got me addicted (little did she know @the time! ) She got me the 1st tandem and also paid for 1/2 of the AFF class ( was originally a gift cert for flying lessons which WAS a passion that I wanted to pursue.. until skydiving and now that is on the back burner,but still consider it for the future) Since that time, she doesnt want to go the DZ MOST of the time,cuz it is fairly boring for her. She does still support me. She knows how much happiness it brings me ( although she wishes that I was a little less manic about it all and doest quite understand why skydiving consumes my thoughts @LEAST once a day if not more even when Iam not jumping/which I havent latley cuz of health issues... but thats another story!) She too requires a phone call after every jump.. and I ablige her as it is the least that I can do to bring her peace of mind and me the continued support. Every now and then she will suprise me with the desire to go to the DZ cuz she says that she enjoys watching me land. My grandkids think Im one of the "coolest" papi's around and also seem to enjoy watching the colorfull fabric fall from the sky so aptly put by a 5 yr old. I guess, all that said, its all about balance in ones life. What makes you happy? If that is a s/o , wife, husband... whatever.. what also makes that person happy? Compromise is often part of that equation! It will be diff for ea person and situation, and my answer, might not be the answer for another..with that said.. I hope that blues skies are always the result! peace/blessings
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

Haven't jumped in quite a while. My wife didn't go with me till I brought back sonme DZ pictures that happend to have some of the hot sky ladies in their jumpsuits.
Then she started going. She mostlyHung out with my brother's fiance.
I made this for her
Clicky

Since I have a boyfriend who jumps, I don't really have this problem.:)

However, I did date a whuffo once- BIG mistake. He really didn't understand why I love skydiving and was pretty much oppossed to it. And not because it's dangerous, but because it meant time away from him! :S

http://3ringnecklace.com/

I guess you could call her my common law wife.. hates jumping and everything about it.
Hates that I spend money on it, hates that I get up early to go to the DZ hates that I talk about it. Everything to do with it.

Wow.

Look red, grab red...
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

she broke with you via text message?
how classy :S

I was thinking the same thing - :S:S:S:S:S.

that is just cruel>:(>:(>:(

Yup. . .TEXT message!!:D Night before "oh muah muah you're the best! ooohh such a good boyfreind blah blah blah. . " Next day. . .
New Text Message. . ."I don't know if I can do this. . .blah, blah, if I don't do it now I don't think I can do it in person. . ."
Well shit. . .There went 6 months of living together:S

So what'd I do?. . .Well if you had 50 buck for a V-day gift and you just happened to be at the DZ. ..What whould YOU do??!!:)
If your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Your mom goes HandHeld

My husband is a non-jumper but comes to the DZ with me almost every weekend that is not a hunting weekend. It works out well. We respect the fact that each of us have other interests. During the summer months he will be found at the grill cooking up burgers for the DZ! So if you are ever in Suffolk, VA and see a man standing at the grill it is probrably him! I make sure I thank him every day for what he does for us!

My words to live by was always" I was a jumper befroe I met you and I will still be a jumper long after your gone" If they can live with that your going to be just fine. We have our 34th anniversary in June.She wouldnt bother to ask if I wanted to go to her mothers to watch her trim the rose bushes on a CAVU week-end. She started jumping before her MS put her in a wheel chair.

My wife is awesome.

She has no desire to jump, but she knows that Saturdays and a few yearly events are sacred.

We go on about two vacations a year that last a week and I always spend two of the days at the nearest DZ. When possible, I get her a ride in the jump plane. She has to wear a pilot's rig, but she's fine with it.

I stopped bitching when she asks me to do the occasional chick thing with her, and the trade off has worked well. (you have to pretend like you're having a good time though)

I also take on special projects when I want new gear. My last canopy cost me an exterior house paint job.

Next month it will be Red Rock near Sedona!

PS- Don't have the DZ chicks drop you off at 2:30 in the morning in front of your house B|[:/]

my husband is a jumper and i would never ever dream of telling him to stop.its wrong to try to tell people what to do with their life .he loves it and i will follow him to whatever DZ's he wants to go to.nd ALMOST everyone i have met in the sport r part of our family now and whats better than hving a family all over the world?

Hey, just saw your post and wanted to mention it just in case. There is an boogie coming up in April in Panama. It is perfect for people traveling with non-skydivers, landings are on the beach of an all inclusive resort where we'll be staying. Just a thought.

Blue ones,

Luis

You realy have to have balance if your spouse does not jump.Mine will not but she likes everyone there and my son likes to ride his bike around the dz.it is like having the biggest backyard for a young kid.Find out what your wife would like to do and her intersets and help her pursue it.
Smile,pull,land

Although she sometimes tries subtle subterfuge to stop me from going, all she requires is a phone call AFTER EACH jump!

You should tell her that if she doesn't hear from you until the end of the day, that means your fine. If you get hurt, one of your friends or the dz will call...then she can worry!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon