WooHoo

Two rigs packed for a year

I have two rigs, as I had planned to sell the old one when the new one arrived. However circumstances prevented me from jumping in over a year, and both need reserve repacks, It looks like I will get back for a two week jump vacation in September, so should I unpack the canopies and put them in trash bags (still attached to the harness) or leave them packed in the rigs.

I have read about rigs packed for over two years then jumped, but was thinking it would be easier on the system to let it out for a vacation so to speak.

"The older I get..........the better I was"

your gonna have to get the reserves repacked anyway. I would ask my rigger what he likes. some riggers want the main out of the cont. for a repack some don't seem to mind if the mains packed or not.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I always take my main out before reserve repack, it's easier for the rigger. As far as your main I would repack it, 1 year is a bit of a long time, then again thats me.

just my opinion, but then again opinions are like assholes everyone has one

Just leave it packed. It is not easier on anything to open it. Leave it in a decent environment and come back for it later.

In fact, unless you know how to fold them back up nicely for storage, it's completely annoying for the rigger to pack back up.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Unpack it. I too have taken time off and I have seen stuff with gear that has been left packed.

First off, remove the pilot chute from BOC pouch. This will relieve wear on the spandex. Also remove all rubber bands from the d-bag. With time these rot and depending on what kind of grommets you have can even cause a sort of chemical reaction with the hardware leaving a gooey residue.