Pilot150

Most comical?

Out of these 3 skydiving movies (1 includes skydiving), which of these do you find most comical?

1. Dropzone
2. Cutaway
3. Point Break

I watched about half an hour of cutaway yesterday and other than 8 way stars, no points were turned, but the score boards indicated 14 points! umm.
And landing with about 100 kgs of money was interesting to. Point Break is a legendary film, other than the freefall talking parts.:P

+1 for Fandango

It's not a skydiving movie, but clearly the skydiving scenes are better than anything those others could bring to the table. And it's fun to watch with skydivers even.

I hate watching movies with skydiving in it with skydivers, they are obsessive about pointing out inaccuracies - I don't care, it's a movie. I know your head will explode if you don't just jump up and say "snort - freefall isn't - like - 3 minutes from 6000 feet - it's just not accurate at all". Really, just let your head explode - we all know.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I watched about half an hour of cutaway yesterday and other than 8 way stars, no points were turned, but the score boards indicated 14 points! umm.

They weren't trying to build multiple points in Cutaway... they were trying to complete one point in the shortest time possible.

They were doing speedstar competitions...

and the "points" were the time (in seconds) it took to build the speedstars...

and from what I've seen of fandango... I'm going to have to vote for that one as well...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

You and I have jumped at places like that, haven't we?

Ah, but have you taught at places like that?B|

OK, me neither...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Fandango was intentionally comical.

And the most realistic.:ph34r:

Best instructional video ever.:)
You and I have jumped at places like that, haven't we?;)

Yes, I've jumped at places like that, and heard secondhand reports of even more.

When Djan was in charge of the AFF ground course at MHS, she would show the ground school scene from Fandango to the class.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Anyone ever see "Gypsy Moths"

It wasn't comical, but worth mentioning.

Oh yeah, Burt Lancaster making his moves on Deborah Kerr . . . again.;) Those Ladies Luncheon types just can't resist a skydiver. :D

I've watched it more than once and enjoyed it. Luckily I never got into ground rush that much myself.:S

So jumping with a container packed with dirty laundry...thats totally realistic? Come on! Sure it was a good movie but I like point break because that was the movie that got me the idea of jumping in the first place. I've seen all of them and another jumper sent me the DVD for Cutaway a year ago and while its been hollywooded over its not all that bad besides its a movie just like the rest of them. They all have their own innacurate points to them but what makes them good in their own rights is the fact that they have people skydiving in them. Not a whole lot of mainstream movies about jumping.