MADPROPS

i want to do it all now

Hey man,

Ok, I think someone said it best when they said "You don't know enough to know that you're endangering others".

You should really hear some of these people out, and I'll tell you why...2 years ago...I WAS YOU. Check my previous posts. Rapid downsizing, Wingsuiting, ground launching, reading all about it, being safe, structured etc... I wanted to "Do it all". Sound familiar? I'm not joking even in the slightest (Minus the fact that I didn't have quite the same carefree attitude as you do).

You probably haven't realized yet just how small and interconnected the skydiving community is, especially in Canada. After my post, I recieved a PM stating that this person had already spoken to key people at your DZ. Turns out you ARE already on their radar... Got you thinking now? Again, no bullshitting here man...do you knwo why? Because the SAME THING was done for me. It made me realize just what I was doing, and I took a step back. I thought, wow, "Why AM I rushing?". Honestly, I didn't have a answer for myself.

Dude, seriously, take a step back and read your first post. It sounds like something a 20 something year old guy would write about something that he has no idea what he'sgetting into. Can you guess how I know that.... Work your way through the sport, have fun, build your experience/knowledge, make goals, reach them, make friends, stick around for a while.

If you think I'm joking about this, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my phone number and we can chat.

I've adopted a whole different approach to skydiving now that I have the basic level of experience to know what's going on around me.

Do I make sense?

hey yea ill send you a pm and we can chat

as i said b4 this is more for the stuff out side the dropzone.

when i'm at the drop zone i have great choaches that are really good to me

out side of the dz i don't have that person i can talk to and learn off of.

skydive is on my mind all the time

witch is fine when i have my coaches around me but not when i'm at home thinking ... what can i use my chute for

this thread didn't really go where i wanted it to but thats ok. I got alot of help out of it and alot of people have pm'd me with numbers saying if i need to chat call them up.

so even tho so people just posted a joke i really thank the others that have help me kinda see it in a new light

thanks for all your help !!!!!!

cheers
live and let live

Well, I don't know what to say Darcy. I had the priveledge of teaching your First Jump class. I've also had many 'after hours' meetings on the best way to handle a guy like you. At the end of the day, the best anyone can do is give you enough skills so that you don't kill yourself when you do what you're gonna do. Wingsuit?? I went on a tracking dive with you late last year, remember?? You wingsuit, or BASE like that and we won't have to talk about it anymore. Flock?? Who would flock with a 50 jump wonder in a new wingsuit. I'll call a Spade a Spade. If you make it through this season, I will be amazed. If you have a death wish, take it somewhere by yourself. We have a business to run that doesn't need a Kamakaze with a deathwish and a 90 square foot canopy. You think you're the only skydiver that wants to 'do it all, now'?? Do us all a favor and lose your attitude, or take up golf. You asked.:S

The Sky is NOT the Limit, the Dirt Is!!

Now as in now that I have discovered this sport I want to eventually try it all, or . . .

I want to try it all RIGHT NOW!
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

so to the people that that started out like me what did you do??

They learned proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. That was painful to read, not to mention stupid.

+1
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

One word, embarrassing. If I wrote this, and somebody from my drop zone read it, i'm sure id get an earfull, deservingly though.

Everybody who has a love for the sport wants to "do it all", but that does not mean rush and get hurt or killed. I am more than sure if you were to do it the right way and take your time you would be much happier with the results as far as your skills as a skydiver.

Besides, why rush, life is already to fast.

This sport isn't exactly the place to rush things. I know from experience that taking on the smallest task that you don't understand can have serious consequences. I changed my pilot chute to a collapsible one from the standard zp pilot chute that came with my new rig. I did this with about 20 jumps under my belt and unfortunately I failed to put the link inside the d-bag. The pilot chute functioned fine in my living room but in freefall it collapsed before extracting my bag. This was my second pc in tow in 20 jumps. The first was a packing error involving bridal routing. I realized that what I was doing was taking my safety for granted.

Ever had to deploy your reserve into dirty air knowing that there's a chance it will tangle with the other shit you are trailing behind you and kill you? Nothing like a high speed malfunction to make you realize you need to change something. Mess up like that on a base jump and you'll die. Mess up like that in skydiving and you could die.

Why don't you just enjoy the jumps you get to make now because from what I understand they are the most memorable.

There are two ways I see you can jump for the rest of your life. Either ensure you have a short life or a long jumping career. Remember too that there are other jumpers out there that are affected by attitudes like yours. If you do something to bring negative press to the sport (like bounce) you are making it harder for others to understand what our sport is all about and contributing to the overall opinion that skydiving is dangerous and reckless.

I know you said your post was about what you wanted to do away from the DZ but think about it. If you go climb your local radio tower and jump to your death with a parachute strapped to your back, don't you think the local news station is going to report a skydiving death and subsequently seek out interviews at the local DZ with fellow jumpers? What they likely won't report is "local dumbass with a penchant for self mutilation jumps to death against recommendations of skydiving community. Drug use suspected due to illogical and unreasonable behavior prior to jump."
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

i want to do it all i don't care what any one says i want to free fly, fly wing suit, base jump, swoop and ground launch. yea you can tell me i'm going to die...

Well! I personally am a little pissed off at this poster. Nowhere in his post did he mention Big Way CRW?? So, you think your too good for the Crew Dogs? What's up with that??

monkycndo... I want to buy 3 full bingo cards! And, I got 50 bucks that says if this guy lives long enough, he ends up a crew dog>>>:S:S
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I24, . . . . . . . . . . . . I24.

G47, . . . . . . . . . . . ..G47.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Twardo.... your post included the words
"B 4 "
. BINGO !!!!!....

hahahah

seriously though,,, to madprops..

you're just yanking our collective chain?? aren't you??:S:o:|
here's the deal...

THIS sport/lifestyle is NOT a 100 yard dash...>:(

It's a damn Marathon!!!
it takes years and years,,,,
NOT 10 or 20 or 100 or 500 jumps.....

It takes a mental commitment to the respect needed, for any ONE of these disciplines...

and you boast that you're gonna do EVERYthing and do it NOW...:S>:(

welll friend... remember what happened to Veruca Salt
while at Willie Wonka's " d z " ...:P????

what did she stamp HER feet about ? and what did SHE want....???:|

"all of it".. :o:S:PB| "don't care HOW!!!! I want it Now " !!!:|B|

and she wound up being identified as a "bad egg" and earned a trip to the incinerator!!!!!

hahahahaha

now I'm jerking YOUR chain,,( a little,, but also I'm damn serious ) Please DO be careful..

hell we don't want you to MISS out on the subtle and the important little details and nuances , which make skydiving and parachuting so appealing......... while you're busy flying by them, on your way to aerial HEROISM!!!!
:P

"safety first and what the Hell, safety second too!!!";):)

jmy in rochester....

It's great to be madly, passionately in love with a new sport. Ours is so addictive this is a common state for many newcomers. Sorry if we laugh, but we've seen this before. For some, it was in the mirror.

So hey, go for it. Jump your ass off, have fun, get experience. Just listen to us when we say you're not ready for (fill in the blank) -wingsuit-- highly loaded elliptical-- night base jump-- camera-- etc. We don't do it because we're jerks, we do it because we've been to to many funerals. :)

A father bull and his son bull were standing on a hill The son says to his father Hey pop what'ya say we "run" down the hill and fuck us one of those cows! The father bull turns to his son and says why dont we "walk" down and fuck all of them! Post made me think of this Story.
No matter where you Go!"there you are"!

Well, I don't know what to say Darcy. I had the priveledge of teaching your First Jump class. I've also had many 'after hours' meetings on the best way to handle a guy like you. At the end of the day, the best anyone can do is give you enough skills so that you don't kill yourself when you do what you're gonna do. Wingsuit?? I went on a tracking dive with you late last year, remember?? You wingsuit, or BASE like that and we won't have to talk about it anymore. Flock?? Who would flock with a 50 jump wonder in a new wingsuit. I'll call a Spade a Spade. If you make it through this season, I will be amazed. If you have a death wish, take it somewhere by yourself. We have a business to run that doesn't need a Kamakaze with a deathwish and a 90 square foot canopy. You think you're the only skydiver that wants to 'do it all, now'?? Do us all a favor and lose your attitude, or take up golf. You asked.:S

maybe you want to read the post. i was asking how guys/girls that thought like me slowed down b4 they got hurt..... thanks for the swing. keep your eye on the ball and you won't miss it next time :P
live and let live

i was asking how guys/girls that thought like me slowed down b4 they got hurt.....

It's called listening. Less talking, more listening.

Bwaaaha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaa ha ha ha ha haaahaha ha ha ..ach ...:o cough ...achem, ....achem, ...ach .......excuse me ...... ........... :Dbwaaaahaha haha ha ha he he ha....... thats because she uses a tire iron as a teaching aid, and i'm sure if you didn't listen you'd come out lookin like a clubed baby seal:P

Seriously though dude, it's been a year since you posted this , you've had time to think, cool your jets etc where's your head at now? Jumpin starts in a few weeks and you don't want a "Holliday" on your ass!

DISCLAMER: Holliday does not use a tire iron when teaching ..(that often) and no seals at any time were harmed;)

Bwaaaha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaa ha ha ha ha haaahaha ha ha ..ach ...:o cough ...achem, ....achem, ...ach .......excuse me ...... ........... :Dbwaaaahaha haha ha ha he he ha....... thats because she uses a tire iron as a teaching aid, and i'm sure if you didn't listen you'd come out lookin like a clubed baby seal:P

Seriously though dude, it's been a year since you posted this , you've had time to think, cool your jets etc where's your head at now? Jumpin starts in a few weeks and you don't want a "Holliday" on your ass!

DISCLAMER: Holliday does not use a tire iron when teaching ..(that often) and no seals at any time were harmed;)

i think i see things better now. when i first posted this 3 or 4 people pmed me and they have been a really big help. i didn't post this to say i was better then any one or to say that i learn faster. i posted this cuz i knew i was going down the wrong path and i wanted some one to talk to about it. some one who has been in the same frame of mind. most of dz.com blasted me for posting this but even tho alot of people might think less of me for it posting this has helped me make 3 great friends who have helped me out alot with my mind set and the way i think about life not just skydiving.

and Holliday is a great packing teacher its lucky i cought on fast tho. that tire iron she was holding had dry blood from when she was teaching jesse how to pack:D
live and let live

If you wanna freefly, get to the windtunnel and when you do it in the air, go with a coach and wear an audible, have a plan, stick to it.

If you wanna wing suit, start doing tracking dives with experienced jumpers who can help your technique.

If you wanna swoop, get out last and dump straight away, gauge your altitude and notice how much altitude you lose in a front riser dive, then below 2000ft, stick to your normal pattern and work on your accuracy.

You wanna feel like you're progressing and you will.