MADPROPS

i want to do it all now

i want to do it all i don't care what any one says i want to free fly, fly wing suit, base jump, swoop and ground launch. yea you can tell me i'm going to die but i don't care. i don't mind dying i mind not living. who are you to tell me i can't do what i want! i'm the type of person that wants everything now. i do my home work stay up late watching how to vids and reading up on everything that i can get my hands on. why do i have to wait like other people who don't put in what i put into it?

this is what i think when eveyone tells me to slow down. its not like i want to go out and kill myself i just like to have fun.

all these things you guys have worked so hard to build up the skill to do safe. i just think pfft how hard can it be.

i find it really hard to slow down cuz i don't want to slow down. but i know i'm on the wrong path!

the thing is people always try and use death to scare me but i have been on a motorcycle since i was 16. i have had more then my share of close calls and bad crashes i have had many friends pass in my 6 years of riding. it sucks but the shock factor is gone for me.

so what do i do ?? i don't want to burn anything for anyone and i can say ok ill slow down. then i get bored and get thoughts in my head..... mm that seems like fun and then all i can think about is doing what i just thought of asap

now i know ther was people like me b4 that have died and i know some of my typed lived.

so to the people that that started out like me what did you do??

did you keep going balls to the wall?

did you slow down? ( if so what made you slow down )

or did some one help you I.E. they knew you were going to do it anyway so they gave you all the help they could

.... so talk to me! if you want you can flame me but it won't really do anything to help. so post up or pm me

thanks ahead of time
live and let live

Sorry, just an old fuddy duddy. I wanted to do it all and realized you get good at not much. Focus on one discipline for 100 jumps before you add something new. Having a strong base will make learning that new part of the sport easier.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

You *can* do all of those things. As a general rule of thumb, if you're a "natural" at this sport you will spend about 1000 jumps getting good at a discipline. If you're not good, it will take longer with a lot more tunnel time and coaching.

For your goals, get with some regional coaches and work on your skill set foundations. You can't get anywhere with out a foundation in the basics. You'll spend about 200 jumps minimum getting just the basics down in a discipline.

Sounds like BS, right? Well its not. Its something that I've experienced and have seen in many many skydivers over the last few years.

Good luck, have fun and please be safe!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I knew someone like that. It took him a hard landing to slow him down. He didn't break anything, *well, never went to get x-ray anyways* but he was banged up pretty bad, and was without his wrist for a few months which meant no jumping. Sometimes, when you guys like to go too fast, and skip steps, the only solution is to wait for you to get banged up, and hope it is not killing yourself.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

so you dont mind dying, a lot of times you have to accept death as a fact of life. thats fine and all if you have. here's the problem, go do a BASE jump with 27 jumps and you might be ok, but if you fuck up your gonna be in a body cast, or permanently paralyzed, much higher skilled people have done less to get that type of penalty, death is not the worst that can happen to you, living from a straw the rest of your life is. just keep that in mind and i hope you are safe out there.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

>so to the people that that started out like me what did you do?

Most of the people I know who tried that slowed down eventually.

-One broke his pelvis and back; he will never walk normally again.

-One broke his femur, which was good for him. It scared him enough that it slowed him down; that kept him alive. He's now a pretty good competitive swooper.

-Another broke his ankle, which wasn't enough. Then his femur, which was _just_ enough. He upsized one size on his canopy and got a little more conservative; his next injury was a wrist (not too bad.)

-Three are dead. (which is about as slow as you can get.)

-One gave up the sport when several of his friends died or were crippled. He's probably into drunk motocross now or something.

-One learned caution by osmosis. Last I heard he was doing OK.

So if you are following in their footsteps, I hope you break a femur, and that it heals well. Those people tend to do pretty well and tend to avoid the more nasty complications of recklessness (like paralysis and death.)

An alternative is to learn from other's mistakes, but you seem well-armored against that.

Give up your job, move to a tent at Eloy DZ (good weather) and empty your savings account to get full time, 1 on 1 coaching from the likes of Brian Germain or Scott Miller. Make multiple jumps a day, seven days a week and at least 500 jumps total (supervised by them) and before you know it you're the best skydiver around.

Otherwise, take it easy - unless you happen to take a fancy to Wolverine's Titanium Bones.

---

Seriously though, I've been an excited newbie too. Still am, in fact.
Remember, the goal of skydiving is not doing everything as soon as possible, but having fun getting there - however long it may take you.

Point in case, I graduated my RW-course only two weeks ago. Does that make me a poor skydiver?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I meant bad.

The 'broke' is unfortunately without question at the moment.
It's time the pay-check arrived. :(

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Give up your job, move to a tent at Eloy DZ (good weather) and empty your savings account to get full time, 1 on 1 coaching from the likes of Brian Germain or Scott Miller. Make multiple jumps a day, seven days a week and at least 500 jumps total (supervised by them) and before you know it you're the best skydiver around.

i thought of that i'm saving up now and right after x-mas i'm going south and i should have enough for 150 - 200 jumps and i want to get as much coaching as i can!

i even saved up enough so i can do about 10 jumps every weekend from next weekend till my home dz is closed in oct.

and the coaching at my home dz is great to so i talk to them as much as i can
live and let live

i want to do it all i don't care what any one says i want to free fly, fly wing suit, BASE jump, swoop and ground launch.

So do it all?

Go freefly, nothing is stopping you... get a safe rig, do a solo and start playing around on your back... tada freeflying.

Do your 200/250 jumps then learn wingsuits from a instructor... till then grab a tracking suit and start flying.

Base jumping, go find a willing mentor or attend Bridge Day after 100 jumps or something similar.

Swooping, do the steady canopy progression like everyone else. *insert thread with sub 100ft velocity/2.0 wingloading @ 300 jumps*

Ground launching, same as above.

i don't mind dying i mind not living.

Same... I could die right now and be happy with my life.

I couldn't handle not being able to walk though :S

i don't mind dying

But most of us do! If you don't slow down and learn the basic skills you will never be good enough to be safe. Then nobody will want to jump with you for fear your immature attitude will get them killed.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

i even saved up enough so i can do about 10 jumps every weekend

'About' ten jumps per weekend? If you want to be good, plan on doing more like ten jumps per day over the weekend, with another ten spread out across the weekdays.

Wingsuits and swooping? If you can find a DZ that will allow you, good luck.

BASE? IF you can figure out how to pack a base rig, and get yourself to an exit point, good luck.

Freeflying? There really is no good reason not to start freeflying right away, provided your rig is safe.

Dude I don't mean this to come across as offensive, but with that attitude what'll slow you down is probably going to be getting some respect for the ground beaten into you. It's a shitty way to learn, but that's what it took for me[:/]

Anyway good luck, take it slow with canopy progression...Rushing it hurtsB|

I got nuthin

i don't mind dying i mind not living.

Same... I could die right now and be happy with my life.

I couldn't handle not being able to walk though :S

Yeah, but think of all the things I haven't done yet if I'd die now.

Free fly, fly wing suit, BASE jump, swoop, ground launch...
~mom

Step 1: Bookmark this thread
Step 2: Come back when you have a few more jumps and look how silly you sound.
Step 3: Try to mentally block this memory so you can sleep at night without cringing at the thought of your own words. Because they were pretty silly

:P

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.