samp76

Survey - Canopy Control (Please Everyone Fillout)

Hello Everyone.
I am conducting a speech at school, and I would like to get some data on my fellow skydivers. This would be involing canopy control. I have made a survey at the following link. If you have 2 mins, could you please answer the 8 questions there.

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=227221

Thank you in advance.
Sam the Weatherman
Let go of the NUT!!

Problem that I see with your survey is if someone has taken a canopy control course, many of the questions become irrelevant.:)

I've taken more than one CC course. I can still answer the other questions.

But you seem to have the answers to all the questions anyway.:o

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Problem that I see with your survey is if someone has taken a canopy control course, many of the questions become irrelevant.:)

But you seem to have the answers to all the questions anyway.:o

Sparky

Sigh. Totally uncalled for. This was a simple thread about questions in a poll.

Take issue where you disagree and we can have it out instead of unsupported general attacks.

I don't offer answers where I have none. Any opinions where they differ from yours are supported by reasoned arguments.

Me offering a different opinion from you in a couple of threads (canopy nannying and avbsolutely reasonable observations w.r.t. AADs) doesn't mean I have all the answers or claim to. I'm entitled to my opinion you obviously have a chip on your shoulder over that.

I view incidents as an opportunity to learn not berate and lecture from a position of smug superiority.:o

I don't offer answers where I have none. Any opinions where they differ from yours are supported by reasoned arguments.

That is a matter of opinion.

I view incidents as an opportunity to learn not berate and lecture from a position of smug superiority.

That is a matter of opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem that I see with your survey is if someone has taken a canopy control course, many of the questions become irrelevant.

Other than stating that you still had all the answers, what did you learn here?:o

I rest my case.

Other than stating that you still had all the answers, what did you learn here?:o

I rest my case.

Look at the survey. The questions we were referring to are along the lines of "Do you want or plan on taking a canopy control class??" To which I answered "yes", or "Do you feel a canopy control class would make piloting your canopy safer??" again "yes".

So all I said was I can answer questions about my own opinion and intentions in a survey and already being on a course doesn't make a question like that irrelevant.

You attacked based on some grudge and assumptions without even considering the facts or context. Unless you can explain how I don't know what my own intentions or view that training can help me you'll have a job resting any case.

All you're doing is making your personal animosity and hostility obvious. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my post.

The underlying more subtle message of my post was, that even if you've been on a CC course there's more to learn and you can benefit from more. Almost the exact opposite of what you're accusing me of. Too bad couldn't bother understanding the thread before you went on the attack.

If you look at my posts and yours in this thread and still think your'e justified then I feel sorry for you Sparky. You need to lose that chip on your shoulder, seriously.

You are making a grudge where there is none. It would be best to not go there.

Seriously:(nice word, I like that) :)
Has less then 200 jumps.
Has an answer for everything and a rapier like wit when called on it.
Convinced that this skydiving is a rather simple activity that they have pretty much mastered and feel comfortable passing on this knowledge to the “newbies”.
Spend most of their time in SC and will argue just to argue.>:(
Likes to be anonymous.

They also have a propensity to spend their leisure time in an orthopedic ward and/or a body bag.[:/]

Don’t feel to sorry for me, I do pretty good on my own.

“You keep on thinking Butch, that what you are good at.” Sundance to Butch

Yea ignore what you've actually done in this thread.

Just attack in non specific ways with no facts. You keep pointing to jump numbers and I'll point to you jumping in without even considering the facts in this thread, both feet firmly lodged in your mouth. It's undeniable that your attack in this thread was totally unjustified and unwarranted. Now when that's made clear you cover your error with another attack.

Your resentment is manifest and I'm not the jumper or the poster your fantasy and malicious assault paints me as. Your reaction in this thread is absolutely typical. You claimed I was saying I know it all when I was saying the opposite, you were just too damned lazy to figure that out before attacking.

You always have the opportunity to take issue in the threads where you disagree with me, that would be fair instead of your gutless and baseless personal attack here. I became anonymous after the guy got fired for posting on this site. I used to have my details up here until someone became the victim of another mean spirited attack.

It isn't a matter of whether one can answer the questions, it is a matter of are the following questions applicable once a person has answered yes to having taken a course.
e.g."Do you feel a canopy control class would make your piloting safer?"

If one had answered yes then a better question could have been asked.
But hey? I'm just a girl!!what do I know?

It isn't a matter of whether one can answer the questions, it is a matter of are the following questions applicable once a person has answered yes to having taken a course.
e.g."Do you feel a canopy control class would make your piloting safer?"

I understand that, and I interpreted this to refer to a future course is all I was saying.

If you've been on a CC course I can still ask you if you think a course in future would improve your skill/safety.

If you've been on a CC course I can still ask you if you think a course in future would improve your skill/safety.

Yes, but that is not the question that was asked, and validating my point:)

Do you feel a canopy control class would make your piloting safer?

I do.