Mazz

Approx. Amount Spent in Sport Divided By Your Jumps = ???

Not Including Beer.

What number ya get?
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

I've dropped upwards of $20K jumping so far in just lift tickets and then another $8-9000 in gear including multiple video cameras and stills along the way. Toss in travel costs and tunnel time and I'm sitting at about $40-42K. My Fiance has spent about $10-12K over slightly less time.

Looking at what we are going to spend this year our total will be up another $4-6k at least, maybe more.B|

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

= Lots of fun.

I have no idea how much I have spent over the last 10+ years. I don't want to know. All I know is that it was worth every penny.

Don't worry about the cost of skydiving. It costs every dollar you'll ever make. The less you make, the less it costs. It's an amazing thing.

Dave

I've dropped upwards of $20K jumping so far in just lift tickets and then another $8-9000 in gear including multiple video cameras and stills along the way. Toss in travel costs and tunnel time and I'm sitting at about $40-42K. My Fiance has spent about $10-12K over slightly less time.

Looking at what we are going to spend this year our total will be up another $4-6k at least, maybe more.B|

Not bad, $28.50 per jump.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

If I could retrieve
the fortune I have spent
Worrying where it came from
not caring where it went
I could live the heady lifestyle
of Playboy magazine
I would see the worldly sights,
that still remain unseen.

I must amount to thousands
I've squandered on the sport
The mark of any jumper
a balance close to nought
But if I had it back
in one financial lump
I'd go south in the winter
and jump and jump and jump.

- Skies Call

Student-"How much will my first jump cost?"

Skydiver-"If you really like it, about $180,000, three wives and all of the friends you currently hang with."

I wish it would cost 180.00[:/] I gotta fork out close to $400 for mine:|

basically, I thought it would be cool so see what it cost per jump over a long period of time.

28.50 per jump ain't bad at all.

basically, I thought it would be cool so see what it cost per jump over a long period of time.

28.50 per jump ain't bad at all.

i dont think you will ever get a good answer.
those who count the money they spent in the sport has either stoped jumping or just started.

those who jumped over a long period of time dont care since its their life.

i dont think you can ask this kind of question to anyone that has had a hobby for a long time.
how much does it cost to collect stamps? coins?

it has alot to do with quality.
'nice coins' or the ones you find on the street?
new gear every year or used gear till it goes boom?

$28.74- that's jumps so far and the gear to get me going in the sport. i don't think i'll be buying any gear soon so the number will go down as the year progresses.

but the friends and memories i've made so far are priceless.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Going through the numbers I can reconstruct, about $8 a jump.

Must get a lot of free jumps:o

>Must get a lot of free jumps

Well, the estimates I used were:

1000 student jumps (AFF/tandem)
200 first jump courses (per student)
100 video jumps
50 working jumps (commercials, demos etc)

So those I actually got paid for.

300 jumps as an organizer of one kind or another

So those were free.

2500 fun jumps for normal price
350 team jumps at slightly higher rates (team discount but add in video)
400 bigway jumps at significantly higher rates

Those cost the money.

(And of course gear - three new rigs to date and an assortment of used ones - jumpsuits, camera helmet etc)

Skydiver-"If you really like it, about $180,000, three wives and all of the friends you currently hang with."

You missed the point go back and read it again. And as a hint it's not $180 It's $180,000 (one hundred eighty THOUSAND). ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I started last year so the number is a bit skewed. If I count in everything skydiving related (jumps, gear, trips, licensing fees and whatnot) the total is about 8300 eur and I got 140 jumps last year so for last year its about 60 eur per jump.

I don't really care though. Whatever it costs I'll pay it as long as I get to skydive.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

gah! How did I miss that comma?

I don't like to think too much on how much I have spent on skydiving. Most of my jumps have been at Skydive Dallas and they keep track of everything. When I ask for a print out of the jumps for the weekend it shows the total amount of money I have spent at Skydive Dallas and that amount is past the $40,000 mark!!:o Of course that doesn't count the other dropzones I have jumped at and I didn't start jumping at Skydive Dallas till I had almost a 100 jumps.:S But I can't think of anything I would rather have spent the money on!!B|B|

Since becoming a tandem instructor the amount I fun jump has dramatically decreased so running the approx. numbers I have made $3 per jump so farB|. That is taking the amount I have spent and subtracting that from the total I have made then dividing that number by # total jumps

Kirk
He's dead Jim