imsparticus

paragears rip off hidden shipping charges

I would just like to warn any potential overseas paragear clientel of there rip off hidden shipping charges, i recently purchased some goggles $14usd and soft links $25usd and was debited $115aud never told about shipping costs and considering i had a par of sking goggles shipped from the states recently for $10usd i dont know where they get off charging $55aud odd, creeps!

I would contact them with the same argument they present here. If they were not up front with the charges prior to shipping, they should refund some of your money. Was there a difference in the type of shipping, such as overnight air or whatever?

I would hate to pay that much shipping for a 2 pound package.:S

ParaGear has fairly specific international shipping charges information here:
http://www.paragear.com/templates/order_info.asp#International%20Orders
Did you read that and were the charges in line with their policy on international orders? Just curious because I've done business with ParaGear on and off since 1974 without a problem...even when I lived in Europe.

that looks about right they have probably charged me express when first class would have been fine (i just hope it comes via express and not first class), they dont give you an option on which shipping method they will choose, its silly if i wanted to spend that much on shipping of such small ticket items cause i wanted to save a couple of days i would have just baught local and had it now and cheaper!

whats even sillier is that for such a big company there website cant give you a price on shipping before you make payment so you can make an informed decision there and then, just about every online retailer does it, and suprise suprise the ones that dont are the ones that charge exessive shipping really ticks me off step up paragear

Never ever use UPS for international shipping , Their brokerage charges are nothing short of absurd , My last $200.00 purchase to Canada cost me $50.00 and the one before cost me close $100.00 for a $2200.00 purchase , They take a percentage of the value even though the paper work is the exactly same for both purchases , Canada Post charges about $12.00 .

That's probably a good thing! A couple of years ago I sold a couple canopies to an Australian friend. He didn't care about speed so told me to ship it cheap. I did, and apparently when it got to Australia, it arrived when he was on vacation. The post office down there apparently only keeps packages for 2 weeks, so they shipped em back! He never told me this so like 6-7 MONTHS after I shipped it, I had a notice in my box of a package I received with postage due. I had no idea what it was until I got it and found it was the canopies I'd shipped half a year before!

They did have a nice around-the-world tour!

I have from time to time had Paragear ship things by a cheaper method than they show on their website.

For example, to Canada they will only show something like a 1-3 day Global Express rate, and a 5 day Express Mail rate.

But in the additional comments field one can instead ask for the the slower and cheaper 6-10 day Priority Mail.

That has worked for me. (Except the last time -- they sent it the slower way but charged me the faster way. Still trying to sort that out...)

Ok here is how it went down, noticed the amount charged to my account and sent them an email questioning it (still no reply) received the items yesterday all good came in a 15*15*25cm box, recieved the invoice with shipping charges via email today (the first time i have seen the shipping charges) $35usd no invoice with the items.