chester

CSPA solo license recognized by USPA?

Hi guys! I posted this in the French section but no answers yet so I figured I would ask to more peoples. I have my CSPA solo license and 30 jumps so far, but right now I'm in Fort Rucker AL and I wouldn't mind taking advantage of a early summer weather (compare to Quebec) and get some jumps around here. Is my solo recognized here in the States and will I be able to jumps while I here. THX

J-S
----

It is not recognised, but go talk to the DZ. I jumped in Deland on my Solo. They checked my logbook and asked a few questions that's it. I think I had about 35 jumps at the time. Someone else I know travelled down with 15 jumps and had to do a checkout jump with an AFF instructor. She was happy and gave the OK.

Hope that helps.

-Michael

Thx man. I will check out the closest dz from here and get there asap :) I'm not supposed to jump while here since my bosses are not approving since I could have to quit training if I get injured but what they don't doesn't hurt them lol.

J-S
----

as long as his cspa membership is paid up, he's covered.

Pretty sure CSPA membership only covers third party liability.

I was talking about personal medical / health insurance incase of skydiving related injury.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Thx man. I will check out the closest dz from here and get there asap :) I'm not supposed to jump while here since my bosses are not approving since I could have to quit training if I get injured but what they don't [know] doesn't hurt them lol.

As long as they don't know it. But if you lose the dice-toss and are injured - thus blowing your cover - you run the risk of getting fired. Are a few jumps worth losing your job over?