katzg08

No one wants to jump with a newbie :(

(Did I note, I'm a super cute blonde, so it's not the looks...lol) I feel like I'm never going to learn anything! Suggestions?

Sure thing. Come live with me in Orlando and you'll be a stone's throw from 6 DZs. I'll make sure you're jumped, er jumping enough and learning a lot. ;)

Don’t know what state you are in but consider Texas, there are tons of nurses that jump at Spaceland and nursing jobs are easy to score in the Houston area…

This weekend we are having a “newbie” RW competition that matches newcomers to skydiving on a 4 way team with more experienced skydivers. Just one example of how well we cater to the new jumper.

The rEvolution is coming! - 4 Way Challenge Jan. 24
Please join us on Jan 24th for the rEvolution 4 Way Challenge. In this event, participants will be teamed up to compete against each other in a fun/learning environment. For low timers this is a great chance for you to check out the world of 4 way and meet other jumpers. For the more experienced jumper the challenge will be organizing and structuring the dives as they are presented to your team. Participants will be debriefed on all their skydives; this includes debrief of the engineering of the jump, the freefall, and landings. Canopy coaches will be stationed at multiple targets to video landings. Teams will be drawn the morning of the event and paired based on experience. The Challenge will consist of 3 rounds (presented at the participants briefing) with Jan 25 being our rain date. This event is especially for new jumpers and is focused on teaching and learning. This is a great warm-up for the 4 way scrambles in February.
Cost is $79 per person; this includes your jumps as well as all video and coaching. Following the 4 Way Challenge we will have organized jumps for all levels; these jumps have standard jump prices.
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

As already mentioned, but it bears repeating, we'll need pictorial evidence to verify the situation - but I have never heard of such a thing (Cute Blond Ignored at DZ). Sounds like a fake headline from The ONION.

Quite the opposite. When I was starting out I sometimes got irked because many of the hotshots went above and beyond any call of duty to invite the good looking gals on damn near everything. Thank goodness for the handful of experienced guys that would reach out to us not so cute, not so blond, not so female folks.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

And people wonder why our numbers are in decline.:S Yep go find another place to jump, it would be best to visit as many as you can in your area and "feel the vibe" of all of them, sometimes it's worth driving the extra miles to avoid the assholes of the sport.

The "assholes" are precisely who katzg08 needs. Go to Z-Hills and seek them out.

As already mentioned, but it bears repeating, we'll need pictorial evidence to verify the situation - but I have never heard of such a thing (Cute Blond Ignored at DZ). Sounds like a fake headline from The ONION.

Does Keith know about this place?

Has anybody considered the notion that the OP might be a troll? That's the first and only post made by the OP. If she is real, then something is really WRONG with that DZ if nobody will jump her, er I mean jump with her....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Does Keith know about this place?

Has anybody considered the notion that the OP might be a troll? That's the first and only post made by the OP. If she is real, then something is really WRONG with that DZ if nobody will jump her, er I mean jump with her....

Something to ponder...... The OP says "I have talked to the DZO about this but he just blew me off...........................................Did I note, I'm a super cute blonde............."

Nothing about gender in the post!?! :o

Do you bathe regulary ?

That never stopped people from jumping with you stitch.:o:P:D:D:D
My magnetic personality and super-model good-looks more than likely make up for the stench. :)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Has anybody considered the notion that the OP might be a troll? That's the first and only post made by the OP.

Have you considered the notion that the OP isn't a troll? Maybe she has a life outside of the internet that doesn't allow her the time to check in on the thread every hour or even every day.

I know, what a concept, a life that doesn't revolve around dropzone.com... :S

don't quit, move to Dallas you'll never hear anyone complain about not getting someone to jump with at any of the DZ's around here(SDD, 35, Caddo). that goes for cute blondes to fat dudes, unless your just an absolute ass we'll jump with ya

That's very true. I know some up jumpers who make a point to take the newly licensed jumpers on loads. They give great pointers to help improve your skills, and they're always having the best time. Come to Dallas.
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I've always been more than willing to jump with almost anyone. The one exception is newbies who just don't have a clue and are dangerous. I've even jumped with them more than I should have. Hopefully your not one of those. You don't have to be good, just able to take care of yourself, exit safely (not well, I get a kick out of launching with newbies and pushing around to get stable), track a little (not even a true requirement for real newbies), be altitude aware, open where your supposed to and land safely paying attention to others and the rules of the air.

I currently jump at IVPC in Illinois. And no, I have not been told of any issues regarding my exits, tracking, awareness. The only issues I had in training were going forwards and backwards and then flips, but I passed my check dive on the first try.

Anyone know of a good central IL DZ?

don't quit, move to Dallas you'll never hear anyone complain about not getting someone to jump with at any of the DZ's around here(SDD, 35, Caddo). that goes for cute blondes to fat dudes, unless your just an absolute ass we'll jump with ya

That's very true. I know some up jumpers who make a point to take the newly licensed jumpers on loads. They give great pointers to help improve your skills, and they're always having the best time. Come to Dallas.

Same deal at Raeford if you ever visit. EVERYONE jumps with everyone at Raeford :)
Scars remind us that the past is real

Hi katz,
Trek on over to Skydive Chicago at Ottawa IL. Forget the pretzl treatment of a 182 0r 206, they have an Otter!! It's time you check out some new turf!! And if you ever make it to Raeford as '03 said, plenty of good troops to jump with.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I think everyone missed the obvious. they are trying to turn it into the first all male DZ. YmCa the YMCA. :P

SDC is great. I went through AFF there but then move to Dallas. so didn't get to jump with a lot of people. But I sure drank with a lot. loved the outdoor tiki bar. :)

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.