simplechris

Help....Allergies

Ok so I've made 3 jumps now and almost everytime my allergies seem to kick my butt. 2 out of the 3 I've gotten a stupid cold afterwards. I don't know if the colds just happen to be a coincidence or if its the FF thats doing it to me. I sneeze everytime I get back down on the ground and then it seems like anything that was in my nose gets pushed into my throat and I get a sore throat. Is this just me or does anyone else have or had this problem? I have had bad allergies my whole life but I was always told that wind and cold is not what makes you sick. I'm just totally lost on what to try and do. The only thing I can think of would be to try a full face helmet. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

If you've had them your hole life I'm sure you've gone through the over the counter stuff.

I have the worst of anybody I know, but in the last few years I've found the gold.

I get a shot from the Dr some sort of steriod. Holy crap for 3 months after I've got not a sniffle. after 20 years of misery wow.

Also for minor stuff or in between my shots I have eye drops and flonase. these work pretty good all prescribed stuff

Just face it. Your allergic to skydiving, give it up.:P Seriously, my sinuses are usually fried after a few jumps. Take your allergy meds (non drowsy of course) before you jump. I find allergies are more easily prevented than beaten down once symptoms arise.

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

My allergies are usually helped by skydiving... that fresh burst of polen free air when the door opens at altitude is wonderful!!!

of course during the major polen season I have unfortunately had to move to Zyrtec... [:/] I used Claritin for a few years but it became ineffective... I hope the Zyrtec continues to work...

(I didn't start having Allergy problems until a few years ago after moving out of Ohio for a couple of years... I chalked it up to different polens then my body was used to growing up with...) :|

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Let me expand on treatment that I use
Fluticasone- prescription nose spray- thickens the nasal walls and doesn't let the allergens in every morning, this doesn't relive symptoms so if you already suffering it doesn't help. but if you use it everyday then it will prevent

Patanol- prescirption eye drops for those days when you need a spoon to scratch your eyes

Zyrtec- there honestly isn't anything better even in precription its not great but it can help with symptoms

Steriod shot from Dr- I wish I knew the name of what I get, honestly with it I hardly need the above for 3 months.