Jumpdude

Fundraiser boogie a scam at Adventure Skydiving Tn."

It seems that there are more questions than acceptable answers about the Cat Aids Boogie at Adventure Skydiving Tennessee as to whether or not it was a scam. And since there have been multiple DZ.com users/sLyride supporters here that try to say that AST is not affiliated with IgoVincent; DBA; 1800 Skyride, Adventure Sports, Thrill Planet, ASC or any other alias that the company may use at any given time.

Let's let the people decide....

When voting, note that there are two questions to answer.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

OK, no one will accuse me of being a scumride supporter but I don't feel the boogie was a scam, just a joke. Not a good joke but no worse than a lot of my jokes. And yes, AST is affiliated with skyride. That is inarguable.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

OK, no one will accuse me of being a scumride supporter but I don't feel the boogie was a scam, just a joke. Not a good joke but no worse than a lot of my jokes. And yes, AST is affiliated with skyride. That is inarguable.

Ok, Why was it that it took 8 months for them to hand over any money, and then they had to be squeezed by the Clarksville HS to hand over a totally lame $100, which was nothing more than an insult when they advertised on their own website that they "Raised a great deal of money for the Clarksville Humane society"?

And, as I said before, they did not get a permit to hold a fund raiser, so had they not got caught, who's pocket would that money have gone in to?

I do agree that if this were a joke, It was definitely NOT a very good one. All they had to do to stay out of the shit they are in now is to not brag about raising money. Had they kept that to themselves, we probably would have never known it.

Based on all the factors weighed in, I really can't see how anyone could see it as not being a scam.

It's only consistent of sLyride to scam someone.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

i'd like to see the timeline between the boogie,the claim of fundraising and the actual attempt to donate the money compaired to when the questions about the fundraiser were raised here.

They started bragging about it within a couple of weeks after the event. There was stuff that showed up on Youtube, and on the Myspace pages and their DZ website as well. So that still makes it between 6 and 8 months. Most fund raisers I have ever seen had the recipient present at the end of the event for the presentation of the funds that were raised, NOT $100 6 or 7 months later. How Flimsey is that?:S
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

i'd like to see the timeline between the boogie,the claim of fundraising and the actual attempt to donate the money compaired to when the questions about the fundraiser were raised here.

From looking at the threads I trashed from the Events Forum...the first attempt at posting the "boogie" was on Sept. 29th for an Oct. 11th event. Strange in itself because usually a bit more planning goes into these things if they are real.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Darn.
You guys caught us.
Thieves.
Liars.
Low life scum.

You should all definitely stay tuned for the second annual Cat Aids boogie coming up this October. We're going to donate the money to the special Olympics. That way it's a charity you guys can actually relate to.

And JumpDude.... did you say you saw the ads on our myspace pages... Dude, you're seriously stalking our dropzone people on myspace, weird man.... way weird.

Darn.
You guys caught us.
Thieves.
Liars.
Low life scum.

You should all definitely stay tuned for the second annual Cat Aids boogie coming up this October. We're going to donate the money to the special Olympics. That way it's a charity you guys can actually relate to.

And JumpDude.... did you say you saw the ads on our myspace pages... Dude, you're seriously stalking our dropzone people on myspace, weird man.... way weird.

It was not hard to find, all anyone had to do was google it and your Myspace and Facebook pages came up. No problem.

"deflect, divert, distract, decieve", That's the sLyride way![:/]
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I saw this.... Did the money actually get donated? This article says it was turned down.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20090321/NEWS01/903210341

Humane Society rejects gift over 'questionable' images
Charity fundraiser images offend, parachuters say it was all in fun
By STACY SMITH SEGOVIA • The Leaf-Chronicle • March 21, 2009

The Humane Society is not in the business of turning away donations, but that's exactly what it did this week, returning by registered letter a $100 bill given by Chuck Owen, a representative of Adventure Skydiving Tennessee (AST).

The conflict between the two organizations began eight months ago when Elaine Weil, executive director of the Humane Society of Clarksville-Montgomery County, was alerted to photos posted online of people skydiving while holding animals. Weil became concerned that AST was involved and that the animal jumps were happening at AST's home base, Outlaw Field.

Owen said the pictures were from the Web site of an AST employee, no animals were harmed, and that AST itself had no involvement in the jumps, which occurred in Alabama.

Ultimately, Weil was satisfied that the skydives had not occurred at Outlaw Field. But in looking at the AST Web site, Weil found information on an event called the "Cat AIDS Boogie" that AST claimed it held as a fundraiser for the Humane Society.

Promotional materials included an image of a girl holding a cat captioned "This is your cat," then an accompanying photo of a dead cat floating in murky water captioned "This is your cat on AIDS."

The fundraiser

Owen is an instructor with AST who has completed more than 7,000 skydives. On weekends, he and other AST staffers take up hundreds of customers for skydives at Outlaw Field.

Owen said the promotional Web pages for the Oct. 11 fundraiser to fight FIV, or feline AIDS, were created by volunteers, not AST employees.

"All of those images are taken off Google Images. We didn't make those," Owen said. "We try to make light of situations. We portray it in a funny manner — maybe not the most tasteful funny manner, unfortunately."

Months passed, and the Humane Society did not receive fundraiser proceeds from AST, so Brandi Wilcox, president of the local Humane Society, contacted Owen and asked that the Humane Society's name be removed from the Web site. Owen said a donation was forthcoming.

Owen pinned the delay on problems with the sale of shirts printed to commemorate the Cat AIDS Boogie. "We didn't get them in as timely a fashion or as inexpensively as we thought," he said.

Surprise visit

Owen brought $100 in cash to the Humane Society office on Feb. 28, along with a photographer to document the gift.

"The unexpected visit to our office to turn in the donation, with photographer included, was a bit peculiar given our communication with your organization over the last several months and unfortunately only served to appear as a last-minute attempt to save face after public dissent with your group's actions," Wilcox wrote in the registered letter to Chuck Owen, with which she enclosed the donated $100 bill.
The donation was rejected because of "questionable material that in no way represents the mission and goals of the Humane Society of Clarksville-Montgomery County," Wilcox's letter said.

Owen said he regrets causing any offense to the Humane Society.

"We don't condone any cruelty to animals," Owen said. "I wish it hadn't gotten so blown out of proportion. If anything, we're guilty of having bad taste."
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I think the point here is there was no attempt to donate anything until it came to the attention of the humane society that a "fundraiser" had taken place.

AND, had to be pressured for it.

The "answers",,,,(correction) excuses that Chuck gave for that was pretty damn flimsey.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

the event was planned spur of the moment. It was two weeks from concept to event. It wasnt created as a fundraiser for the humane society. the idea to donate proceeds from the t- shirts wasnt even thought of till a few days prior. Future divot was right. It was really just done in fun and was suppose to be a comical event. Jumpdude twisted it and told many lies. including stalking myspace pages of our jumpers then creating a crazy bunch of stories to tell the humane society. The money was late coming because of complications with getting the t-shirts printed. Thats a long story and involves the personal life of the person that was handling it. The dropzone nor any of its jumpers were ever contacted by the humane society until after the donation was made. Apparently they had been upset about it because of all the lies they had been told but had not said anything to us till we made the donation. Which they initially accepted then only later mailed it back.
Who would of thought that a small event that was only advertised on myspace to less than 100 friends would have caused such a big stink. Only jumpdude would be lame enough to take the effort to try to spin that in a negative way. For a person that bad mouths skyride for lying, he sure doesnt mind lying about the activities of others.
I would like to say thank you though. because of his efforts our boogie is still being talked about 7 months after the event. Hell it made front page news!! We couldnt buy that kind of advertising. Now he is still crying about it on here. AWESOME!!! only 5 more months till the next cat AIDS boogie. thanks for the attention Jumpdude.

On a side note: The options for this poll are probably the most random nonsensible assortment of options I have ever seen.
And......cat AIDS boogie has nothing to do with skyride and the clarksville dropzone is not skyride. We are however the closet DZ servicing the nashville area.

here is the pic that the humane society found offensive. I dont know why. Who hasnt seen a dead cat before?

Darn.
You guys caught us.
Thieves.
Liars.
Low life scum.

It was not hard to find, all anyone had to do was google it and your Myspace and Facebook pages came up. No problem.

"deflect, divert, distract, decieve", That's the sLyride way![:/]

yea the fact that you googled us is whats wierd.

and that last line of yours....well thats exactly what you did to our event and our jumpers whos myspace pages you manipulated for the humane society.

Thanks for the props cspence. We have enjoyed creating a succesful dropzone with an amazing staff.

I really can't wait to scam someone else this October.

Any volunteers to get scammed? Taking applications now...

Oh yeah, and of course you guys could come out to the event and see for yourseves the wicked scamming we perpetrate. Then maybe your opinions would actually reflect an educated stance.

The reporter was thoughouly satisfied by the facts we presented and completely related to our position. That's why the article was a neutral presentation of the facts and not a slam against our business.

And just so you know, the Humane Society did not contact us until AFTER the donation was made, so GFY.

P.S. - I will scam you so good!

Sounding a little bitter there buddy. Has the thought ever occured to you to come up with an event that other people would actually want to come to?? Let me answer that. No, cause I think you all really enjoy the drama that you bring to youselves by doing this shock valued crap. I think you enjoy making yourselves the outcasts of the skydiving community.

I wouldnt say we enjoy it so much. It just seems to suit us. I think we represent what the skydiving community should be like. a bunch of fun loving jokesters that like to hang out with their buddies and create a comical inviting atmosphere. Sadly I think the rest of the skydiving community are the ones that have lost their way. Keep being a prude and taking yourself so seriously. we will keep the spirit of skydiving alive.

I will say this, appearantly, someone beat me to the punch on getting to the Clarksville HS, when I emailed her, she told me that she "had already been informed about it, but thank you for your help". So you may look else where to find your informant on that issue. Yeah, I do admit to spreading to word, but most everyone that I told about it has already informed and were not happy about it. So, basically, everywhere, I went with that, someone had already beat me to it.:P

Sooo, how do you figure that I lied about anything? I simply showed someone what your company was advertising, so, Who lied? Me for saying "hey, look at this" or your people for your people for advertising for all those years to have a Skydive center IN Tennessee, Kentucky, Arizona etc, then for the customer to later find that they will have to go to Georgia to receive their services they paid for? AND the most current lie, AST is not affiliated with ASC or sLyride????:D:D:D:D:D

AND, How can someone "Manipulate" someone else's myspace pages? Your people are the ones who posted the stuff that got them in this shit, sooo, how could you possibly figure that anyone could manipulate that?

"deflect, divert, distract, decieve", That's the sLyride way!

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

As your thrown off of one airport after another. I've had the misfortune of trying to deal with airports that have had dropzones like yours in the past. It's a shame that 20 and 30 years after having a group like yours on the airport they remember and don't want anything to do with skydiving at their airport. With the attitude you all show toward pretty much everything I can't imagine you showing any respect to the place where you are now. It will only be a matter of time till you're thrown off of that airport and true to past behavior you will blame me or Jumperdude or half a dozen others for the demise of your DZ.

As your thrown off of one airport after another. I've had the misfortune of trying to deal with airports that have had dropzones like yours in the past. It's a shame that 20 and 30 years after having a group like yours on the airport they remember and don't want anything to do with skydiving at their airport. With the attitude you all show toward pretty much everything I can't imagine you showing any respect to the place where you are now. It will only be a matter of time till you're thrown off of that airport and true to past behavior you will blame me or Jumperdude or half a dozen others for the demise of your DZ.

You are very right Chris, All we do is just show what they do, we didn't do it, but they will damn sure blame us.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

open invitation to come out and see how we operate. then you can speak intelligently about the subject instead of just speculating and jumping on the ban wagon.

And jumpdude the information on the myspace pages was misrepresented to the HS. The HS themselves never looked at the myspace pages. they just took this persons word for it.
Its sad really.

open invitation to come out and see how we operate. then you can speak intelligently about the subject instead of just speculating and jumping on the ban wagon.

And jumpdude the information on the myspace pages was misrepresented to the HS. The HS themselves never looked at the myspace pages. they just took this persons word for it.
Its sad really.

Like I said, Your people are who posted and advertised all the shit that got you in to this mess.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's business until they get caught or called out about it, then it was a joke.:S
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Why would ANY nomal decent person want to go jump at a place that thinks it funny to advertise a picture of someone dead pet, for anything. What a bunch of sick wierdo's. What kind of people do that?

Not only is it very sad, but very sickening.

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.