aceofd1amonds

Which weather website for Skydiving?

Search here for the airport's AWOS (if it has it) http://www.faa.gov/AIRPORTS_AIRTRAFFIC/WEATHER/ASOS/

I have all of the local DZs that have AWOS programmed into my phone.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I usually go to the DZ and figure it out there. Most of the time its like...holy shit its too fucking windy to be doing anything. After about 2 hours - the wind usually gets stronger and I change my position thinking its not too bad.:P:S

I'm not jaded. And its only April....>:(

:D:D:D:D:D

Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

A mobile website that's excellent on iPhone and BlackBerries would be cool too.

Though I can view almost every website on my Bold pretty fast now, with the new Bolt web browser. (I also use Opera Mini too, which is faster than BlackBerry Browser. Been an explosion of new mobile web browsers lately.)

if you're up in orange, mass and going to jumptown to make some loads, gary pond is the genius on weather and finding holes to dump multi-color otter poop. (he references wunderground and then makes it happen.

steve boyd down in spaceland can also hold his own.

Which website is the best for skydiving weather...with wind etc?

Thanks for the help!

forecast.weather.gov

no question, imho. its noaa.

just supply your lat and long, or use the map.

for example, enjoy the hourly graphs (including wind, with gust speed) for skydive spaceland...in rosharon, tx.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=wc&w3=sfcwind&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=thunder&w8=rain&w9=snow&w10=fzg&w11=sleet&AheadHour=0&Submit=Submit&FcstType=graphical&textField1=29.37920&textField2=-95.45090&site=all&unit=0
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

i MUCH prefer http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi

The latter site even gives me a very nicely formatted Winds Aloft report (see button below the nicely formatted every three hour report).

Wow, that is a killer site...Thanks!
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.

Lots of those sites just scrape their data from NOAA anyway. I just go to the source. Not as pretty but I still prefer it.

www.aviationweather.gov

edit for clicky

I like usairnet.com, but they don't put the gusting information in their graphic. I'm going to start looking at the NOAA site for gusting, and see if I can "pull strings with usairnet, maybe they'll consider overlaying the gusting line?
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ