Lucky123

700 jumps in 24 hours

Theres a vid on the net somewhere it must be on the skydivingmovies website. i have seen it. they did an article about the previous record in the BPA Skydive the Mag in 2007 i think. he used a combination of porters and 37 rigs to do it. the literal time between getting out of one harness and into another was like 15 seconds
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

ok perhaps not 15 secs but here is the vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x6_ZH_cMos&feature=related he does get ouot of the harnesses in remarkable time. hopefully he gets the 700 :)

EDIT: beaten to it :D
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

>the literal time between getting out of one harness and into another was
>like 15 seconds.

Well, there's one problem! Don't take the harness off; just attach a new parachute and go.

Does the record require that gear-up be done on the ground, or may it be done in the plane on the way up?

I'm wondering what the actual effort vs people who give a shit ratio is. Of course, if it's worth it to him, I guess he should do it. However, I can see people saying, "Oh, that's cool," and then forgetting about it a minute later.

What was I talking about? I forget.

More people than give a shit about your weight loss & fall rate ratio.

Damn dude. :|
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I'm wondering what the actual effort vs people who give a shit ratio is. Of course, if it's worth it to him, I guess he should do it. However, I can see people saying, "Oh, that's cool," and then forgetting about it a minute later.

I'd imagine the give a shit factor is quite high among all the people at the Wounded Warrior Foundation and the Special Olympics who benefited from the fund raising associated with the previous efforts.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I just know everytime I see Jay Stokes at the DZ I cant help but think about what an amazing thing he accomplished with those 641 jumps. If I make 641 jumps in 3 years I will be totally stoked, but in 1 day??? most I have done is 7, and I felt proud of that. I am pretty sure the list of people that can accomplish something like that is pretty short.

Its actually almost unbelievable when you think about it...so I guess you could say I give a shit!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

I was thinking, in the future the only way to beat this record will involve jumping over a canyon, with the airport right on the rim. The plane could just gain a little bit of altitude while it flies over the middle of the canyon, but the depth of the canyon would allow 2000ft agl. If the jumper didn't have a malfunction, he could just fly right back to the runway, or if he had to cutaway he could land in the bottom of the canyon.
Good luck on getting 700!

UUUhm, ya it's pretty over the top..... I guess I don't have my "A" yet.(I'm lazy) but I can recogonize an incredible feat.
I dont think a real peregrine falcone would think this was something to forget or not recognize.
Perhaps you've joined the wrong sport bud!!

Jay Stokes is a mental and physical machine...and one badass animal!

Knowing Jay and Kenyon both, my gut tells me Jay's record is safe for now.

However, props to Kenyon for making an effort, and best of luck!

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

I'm in the don't give a shit camp. Too much look at me, look at me, look at me in this sport sometimes....:(

This sport is basically all about the "look at me". Be it PD Factory Team or guy's like this doing all kinds of records...
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Last time Jay used a pair of PAC 750s and a Porter.
They only used the Porter during one or two fuel stops because they quickly concluded that it was too slow.
Mind you, any 17 seat airplane (PAC 750) with only two skydivers (Jay plus a gear-checker) on board would climb like a raped ape!