Tuna-Salad

So I'm downsizing again...

I am currently on a navigator 210 and will be going to a katana 150 in the next couple of weeks in the hopes of learning to swoop.
I also have just ordered a wingsuit from Tony.. :)
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

I was gonna wait for this to go to atleast 10 replies, but.. no dice.. yep, I'm just stirring the pot on this one.

Just keeping you guys on yer toes.
No plans to downsize .. nope.. no wingsuit either.

Oh.. just an FYI.. if you think I'm a troll on this and some of my former posts.. by all means MAN UP and say it to me directly.. don't PM others so I hear about it from them. ;)

Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

skip the Katana and land the wingsuit

Priceless response. Made me cough, then laugh, then wipe the spit off my screen.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

A while back one of our local upjumpers posted on our national forum that he was tired of swooping, so he was going to upsize to a sabre 150. He got plenty of responses of people taking him very seriously, asking why and trying to dissuade him or try talking him into a bit smaller canopy.

Moral of this story: don't stay logged-in at the pc at the DZ :D

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Just be careful. You'll be fine. :)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Now THATS funny! I dont care who you are!

(and please before anyone flips out, I know it was a joke, and yes, I am a 36 jump wonder, and I always talk to my instructors about downsizing, and I will make sure all my landings are perfect, and try a downwinder first, and make sure my traffic patterns are awesome and blah, blah, blah.....)

ITS FUNNY PEOPLE!
"Its such a beautiful day outside, we should thank the leader."

"The leader? Who the hell is that? Some sort of leader?" -Homer Simpson.

Just don't forget how short the recovery arc is on the Katana. It will be significantly shorter than your Nav., so take this into consideration when setting up your pattern. I think I read somewhere that most 270's on Katanas are done from ~300ft, so I would just start at 250 to be sure you make it to the ground.

Don't forget to punch your legs out as hard as you can with the deployment on your wingsuit, either. Be sure you are making the best use of all your forward momentum by using it to inflate your canopy. In fact, you should probably just pitch in more of a piked position, while trying to put your head between your knees.

These all seem like good ideas. Good luck with the new gear! ;)

It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

I think you deserve a spanking for this one...oh wait, that would be rewarding you wouldn't it???:o:o:o:o

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!