Chris-Ottawa

Da Vinci tattoo, who's got it?

When it comes to skydiving, my experience is limited as I am as fresh as you, but with tattoos I have a fairly long history ;)

The best advise I can give you, is don't ask for advise. What I mean is that if you don't know exactly whay you want, then wait. For it to be truly yours, it needs to be your idea to [;)

It boils down to: take your time. It will come to you. Don't rush it. Love to see it when the job is done!

just my 0.02

Chris
Party ´til impact!

- it should be meaningful and customized

- it should be earned

Says you. Are you going to be approving tattoo applications so you may deem them meaningful, and to make sure the inker has earned them.

Who cares if you don't think the USPA seal makes a good tat, that guy obviously likes it.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Some of the circle ones look a little 'to busy' and might not look as good on skin as the pics, may 'run together' unless they were spaced out more... but I like the tribal inference you're working on.

If THIS isn't a Tribe...I don't know what is!B|

On the other hand, I like the left side of pic 4, the straight line thing.B|

It could be a work in progress type of thing, add a pin or two for each achievement...one for the 1st jump, one for off student status, one for each license & rating, one for each 100 jumps....what ever is significant to YOU! :)
As far as 'earning' the right...it's YOUR right to ink anything ya want!

Never met a tattoo artist that checks logbooks! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

FYI, I don't think there's any proof that Da Vinci ever said/wrote that quote. It's a nice quote, but I'm pretty sure the "experts" don't believe it came from him. Don't remember where I read that... it was a while ago, but I think I was trying to find the exact wording (which is different depending on where you look).

Dave

its listed in the DaVinci Museum'slist, but they havent responded to the email i sent a few years ago asking for a reference...

I love this one

That's belly flying for sure. :ph34r:

...and when he gets a beer belly he can just say that he's using a wide-angle lens.

Fisheye lens for the REALLY BIG GUT:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

So this homely nurse checks in on her patient and runs back to the nursing station exclaiming that the patient has the word "Swan" tatooed on his you-know-what, so the good lookin' nurse checks it out and after a while reports, "It's not 'Swan,' it's 'Saskatchewan!"

I love this one

OMG..... :o:o is that the Harley Davidsons flat fly team LOL, woudnt they have leather jumpsuits with studs?
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

So, it's been about 2 years since I started this thread and have finally gotten the ink. I posted this thread because I knew it wasn't right in my mind and wanted some advice/opinions. I am really glad I didn't get the whole script. I think all it took was time and I figured it out. I think it turned out great and I'm really happy with it. I had it done when I returned from Florida for my 2nd winter skydiving vacation this January (Nearly 2 years after the though came to my head).

*I brought this thread back up since I was reading some other Tat threads and thought I'd share mine.

Feel free to comment!

-First pic was about an hour after getting it
-Second pic was the day after getting it
"When once you have tasted flight..."