Mazz

Am I missing something? Will this pay if I die Skydiving?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYOHEG9J

Im looking at buying insurance that covers skydiving and I got this contract from USAA. I dont see any skydiving clause or anything that would exclude death from skydiving or extreme sports. Hell it looks like it will even pay on suicide.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

Don't you suppose making your first jump might help determine if you should be worrying about dying as a skydiver?

well, im uninsured and looking for coverage. I plan to go skydiving in the VERY near future and my wife wont let me go till im insured. Sooo... Its in my best interest to find a plan that covers death by skydiving.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

the best insurance against dying is
* listen to your instructors and follow their advice.
* get a rig with a big and doclie canopy and dont even think about downsizing until you have at least a couple of hundred jumps.
* Deploy at a safe height like maybe around 4000+, just to give you an extra few seconds for when you do have a mal which will eventually happen.
* Get a good AAD.
* Wear a good helmet.
* When conditions are borderline and you see some experienced jumpers packing their gear up, do the same and go home in 1 piece.
* Dont do a rush pack job just to make the next load.
* Eat your vegies...

Health insurance is WAY more likely to be needed then life insurance would ever be.

im covered with health insurance

You are thinking about too many variables. Just go out to the DZ. Get some good training from the instructors and jump. If its your time its your time. Health insurance only covers the money part. Not the loss your family will feel from your death. But for me personally I'd go out any day jumping doing what I love doing rather than living a feeble life always thinking 'what if'

Hmmmm...

OP has 189 postings and ZERO jumps. I think we are deep into the "wasting our time" zone.

Get some jumps and then we'll talk.

Your Navy and my Navy are very different places.

See my sig line.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

You're all giving him lousy advice. Well, not giving him any at all.

The risk of a first time jumper (AFF or tandem) dying is low. It certainly isn't zero. Rather that just presuming all will be fine and not bothering with any life or health insurance like so many here do, he's being responsible to his family.

I think you should be able to call them up and ask flat out if you would be covered or not. While you might be able to get away with not saying anything because you haven't jumped yet, that's gambling with your family again, and clearly you're not looking to do that. Tell them you're going to do a jump, you might want to become a jumper, and you want to be sure about the coverage.

Health insurance is WAY more likely to be needed then life insurance would ever be.

Not to mention disability insurance. I use up half my "cafeteria benefits" allotment on the max long-term disability insurance. Hope I never have to touch it but it's there if I ever do need it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If you don't provide us a way to review the .pdf without having to join a membership site.... you're not going to get a decent answer.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

If you don't provide us a way to review the .pdf without having to join a membership site.... you're not going to get a decent answer.

what are you talking about?
Click the link. Enter in the code and press download file.
wait the 45 secs and click the button that pops up.
File downloaded, no membership required.
takes less than 1 minute.

Let's not get testy, lack of knowledge about a specific site is not a mortal sin... The part about waiting 45 seconds in the first post would have been helpful. The policy looks fine and most USAA insurers have been happy with their policy.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Let's not get testy, lack of knowledge about a specific site is not a mortal sin... The part about waiting 45 seconds in the first post would have been helpful. The policy looks fine and most USAA insurers have been happy with their policy.

Thanks for looking. You are the first to comment on the policy.

You're all giving him lousy advice. Well, not giving him any at all.

The risk of a first time jumper (AFF or tandem) dying is low. It certainly isn't zero. Rather that just presuming all will be fine and not bothering with any life or health insurance like so many here do, he's being responsible to his family.

I think you should be able to call them up and ask flat out if you would be covered or not. While you might be able to get away with not saying anything because you haven't jumped yet, that's gambling with your family again, and clearly you're not looking to do that. Tell them you're going to do a jump, you might want to become a jumper, and you want to be sure about the coverage.

Thanks, kelpdiver. That is what he needs.

And congrats to the OP for being one of the smart ones.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYOHEG9J

Im looking at buying insurance that covers skydiving and I got this contract from USAA. I dont see any skydiving clause or anything that would exclude death from skydiving or extreme sports. Hell it looks like it will even pay on suicide.

You do not seem to be getting a lot of help with this question.

After looking through other posts on this site it looks like some people are getting coverage through Mutual of Omaha:
http://www.mutualofomaha.com/employers/group_sales_office.html

and you may want to try comparing insurance rates and options using
http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/

I hope that helps you find what you need.

I have Mutual of Omaha. I went through Zander Insurance. http://www.zander.com They are a Dave Ramsey ELP.

My insurance is 2500 a year for 20 Term Life 500k

But I am a former Junkie/Smoker/Drunk who now skydives for kicks. I think the price is fair. Hell I wouldn't have even insured me if I was the one making the choice.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.