BeattheDrums

Long Lay off

Four Years to be a little more accurate. And While away I did a very poor job keeping up with the sport or the site... sorry guys :(

However I once again hear the sky calling to me. Before I do jump though I would like to ask. Whats changed? if anything. I've got a copy of the current SIM on order and am awaiting it. I'm hoping that can catch me up somewhat.

So I did mostly freeflying and I was wondering... Does it come back easily, like riding a bike?

Even if it doesn't I am excited to get back in the sky. I'll let yall all know how it goes. I'm hoping for either then end of May or Early June.

Thanks
Dan

A thunder of jets in a clear blue sky, a streak of gray and a cheerful "Hi"

Four Years to be a little more accurate. And While away I did a very poor job keeping up with the sport or the site... sorry guys :(

However I once again hear the sky calling to me. Before I do jump though I would like to ask. Whats changed? if anything. I've got a copy of the current SIM on order and am awaiting it. I'm hoping that can catch me up somewhat.

So I did mostly freeflying and I was wondering... Does it come back easily, like riding a bike?

Even if it doesn't I am excited to get back in the sky. I'll let yall all know how it goes. I'm hoping for either then end of May or Early June.

Thanks
Dan

Yes, it comes back like riding a bike. However, just like riding a bike, take a couple test rides before you go big. Do a currency dive, then ease back into "going big" in freeflying. Starting again after this long a layoff your "envelope" has been reset; wait a bit to push it.

I'm in the exact same boat you are... I haven't jumped since Jan 2006 and have a new rig on the way.... it's just time again for me as well.

The funny thing is, I have no idea what discipline I was really in to. I want to do a lot that requires many more jumps than I have, but it will come in time.

I should be back in the air about the same time as you.....

-Ross
note to self: don't sell gear in the future when you think you won't jump again...