bluepill

Skydive food/fuel

I've recently noticed that every time I jump I really get the munchies.[:/]
Why is this?

Today I had a small breakfast, then went to the dz, had a banana when i got there. Got manifested, then did my jump. As soon as I am back on
The ground I could eat a horse. What's going on?>:(

Dose anyone else get the munchies and What food/fuel do you use throughout a jumping day?

BP
:)

Same with me. I eat a light breakfast and can go pretty much all day with plenty of water.

This is probably why I gain about 10 pounds every winter and lose it once spring/summer gets here :S

Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Why is this?

Today I had a small breakfast, then went to the dz, had a banana when i got there. Got manifested, then did my jump. As soon as I am back on
The ground I could eat a horse. What's going on?>:(

Dose anyone else get the munchies and What food/fuel do you use throughout a jumping day?

BP

Gotta Eat More Waffles

~Just remember, it's a trick...they may look a little like pancakes - but they're half empty! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Could it be all those Safety Meetings...?

Why is this?

A few hours after the last jump, I have an adrenaline crash and have to eat a bunch. I wouldn't call it "the munchies" though, because for me it's different than wanting to snack on Doritos after getting high. It's more like I NEED SOME FOOD NOW!!!

ditto here... When I first started skydiving I couldn't eat all day... not even breakfast. Now I eat 1-2 sandwiches, and during the day try to drink enough, and maybe eat a cracker or 2. Drinks: red bull & water. At the end of the day when the adrenalin wears off then I get a little hungry... LOL

Same with me. I eat a light breakfast and can go pretty much all day with plenty of water.

This is probably why I gain about 10 pounds every winter and lose it once spring/summer gets here :S

Don't try to live forever, you will not succeed!

Ok, from the response it is either down to:

Comfort.. that I am safe - I don't think it is this cos I don't normally turn to food for comfort.

Adrenalin Crash - Possibly this. Although I am normally buzzing for a long time after.

De-Hyrdation - I think it might be this. I am guilty of not drinking enough hydrating drinks before and during the jump day. Normally it's a cup of tea in the morning and a few cans of something fizzy and cups of tea throughout the day.

Thirst is often mistaken for hunger, so perhaps that's what it is. I 'll test it out next time at the DZ by hyrdating properly throughout the day.

BP

...dont usually get the "munchies" until sometime after 420p or so B| But when it comes to food and jumping.. Ive gotta usually go light.. breakfast is usually some toast, some turkey bacon and some water (maybe some coffee).. lots of water before getting the DZ and lots of water thru the day, even after jumping. During the day while jumping I'll have trail mix with fruit,nuts and chocolate, maybe a banana or another piece of fruit to keep the energy levels up. After jumping I am usually hungry cuz I havnt had a full meal and also have been burnin' calories thru the jumping. My stomache doesnt handle any heavy amounts of food before or during jumping(stomache flippin' turnin twisin' round in a free form roller coaster somewhere in the area of 120 mph :S... go figure huh? lol ) blues & soft landings

If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.