Ketia0

Where can i skydive....

in the nude! ;)

just out of morbid courosity.. looks like it may be fun.. little cool..

and also.. what license would you have to have to do that?

im working on my "A" license. im on my 3rd STP jump...

i dont thinik i have heard of my home DZ doing anything like that.
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

a.) why is it "morbid" curiosity?
b.) license? For nudity? it's not covered in the SIM which is the same as a green light. USPA couldn't care less about your choice of clothing. (I didn't check, though, to see if you're in the US and under the thumb of USPA).
c.) I'd wager you could just go do it. Ask the DZ if they specifically ban it but otherwise I'd bet you can do it as soon as you're allowed to do anything on your own.
d.) get video.

Yah, I'm also confused why this is "morbid"? Or do you not understand the definition of the word? Unless definition number 3 applies somehow. Do you have diseased parts? :P

morbid
1.suggesting an unhealthy mental state or attitude;
unwholesomely gloomy, sensitive, extreme, etc.: a morbid
interest in death.
2.affected by, caused by, causing, or characteristic of disease.
3.pertaining to diseased parts: morbid anatomy.
4.gruesome; grisly.

Maybe this is obvious, I dunno. But you won't be able to do it COMPLETELY nude. I'm pretty sure a USPA 'D' license is required to jump without a helmet or suitable footwear.

I'd look like a total fool jumping naked just with shoes and a helmet, but that's just me ;)
PULL!! or DIE!!

Maybe this is obvious, I dunno. But you won't be able to do it COMPLETELY nude. I'm pretty sure a USPA 'D' license is required to jump without a helmet or suitable footwear.

I'd look like a total fool jumping naked just with shoes and a helmet, but that's just me ;)

Care to point me where it says that?

Im pretty sure all it says in the SIM is that students must wear a semi-rigid helmet (except tandem students by waiver)... nothing about licensed jumpers.

EDIT: I stand corrected. SIM reads for students

a rigid helmet (except tandem students) [NW]

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

that's what I did for my 1st and 3rd naked jumps. For the 2nd one I didn't have shoes :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

http://www.cspa.ca/en/pim/PIM1.pdf

My mistake, I was going by the CSPA PIMs, probably different from USPA, but here it is, anyway:

"Parachutists shall not jump unless wearing shock-absorbing protective headwear throughout the freefall and parachute descent.

At the discretion of DZ operators, 'D' CoP holders may choose not to wear protective headwear except while in the role of coach or instructor'

Section 3.5

'No parachutist shall jump unless wearing suitable footwear'

I realize now the OP is jumping in the US and I didn't check the USPA SIM, and that it is quite possibly different.

Blues.
PULL!! or DIE!!

Hope you have your landings nailed before you attempt a naked jump. Just imagine what your ass could look like if you were to slide in. Even a nice PLF could tear you up a bit (depending on the landing surface).[:/][:/]

Hope you have your accuracy nailed before your naked jump too. It could be a problem if you landed out.:o:o

Have fun.. get photos.B|B|

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

If you're willing to go tandem, you could go nude on your next jump at most dropzones in the US.

If you're wanting to jump on your own, you will have to finish through your student progression and get your 'a' license before anyone will allow you. There's a lot to think about on most student skydives, and I don't think many dz's will let you go naked while you're still a student. Once you get your 'a' license, you can jump nude pretty much anywhere.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I jsut use the word "morbid" as a filler.. no particular reason. Alot of people say it around here. I am in the untied states.. I jump in Texas. so.. if i understand correctly once i get my "A" license i can jump in the nude... but wearing a helmet and foot wear? or with none of that.. i was kinda hoping to only wear a hat and parachute... who knows.

i think it may be fun. LOL..

Has anyone here try this?

is it as much fun as i think it is?

:ph34r:

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

also.. i see people jump without helmets on youtube alot. is that maybe at a non-uspa DZ? My home DZ is USPA.

Read the SIM

It doesnt say anything about licensed skydivers having to wear a helmet. (that I have ever seen)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

in the nude! ;)

just out of morbid courosity.. looks like it may be fun.. little cool..

and also.. what license would you have to have to do that?

im working on my "A" license. im on my 3rd STP jump...

i dont thinik i have heard of my home DZ doing anything like that.

I know of at least one dropzone where it isn't a problem any time. ;) Most nekkid jumps are done stealthfully. If you do a nekkid jump and land behind some trees - no problem. You land in the town square, people are going to raise an eyebrow or two. Chances are there have been plenty of jumpsuitless jumps made at your drop zone. and you just haven't heard.

Traditionally, the first nekkid jump is done on the 100th. By then you should have the necessary skills to handle the situation.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Yeah thats what I've heard too...

#100 you get to go naked :) after that I was told some people do it every 1000th jump after or some of the even crazier people do it every 100th jump.

Either way sounds like fun
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

#100 you get to go naked :) after that I was told some people do it every 1000th jump after or some of the even crazier people do it every 100th jump.

So if the "even crazier" do one every 100th jump. how would you label someone who does one every eighth jump?
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

So if the "even crazier" do one every 100th jump. how would you label someone who does one every eighth jump?

Cold! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Haha sorry maybe "even crazier" wasn't quite the right phrase there. Maybe the "guys that like to feel extra FREE in freefall" phrase fits better ;)

And I hope on that every 8th jump you don't land out or in some trees or somethin :S:D

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

Just know the law for public nudity/indecdent exposure doesn't apply until you touch the ground so be sure and get covered up ASAP. Other then that it is a blast. I haven't made one in over 3 years but I think it is about time to make another one:)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.