Distabled

12000 feet and 2 don't work.

Hi All,

Yesterday I was released in freefall to be on my own again. For the first time since breaking my back in a motorcycle accident in 2002 i was solo in freefall.

I am a T10 complete paraplegic and cant feel or move anything from my belly button down. I cant arch at all and I lift my legs up and hook them with straps to my chest strap to land. I have a lot of padding in my butt to give me a soft landing.

I had 37 jumps and 500hrs flying jump planes before i broke my back. I wanted to get back solo jumping again and it has been a very tough exercise but I did it!

YEEEEE HARRRRRRR! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdZo3363XFs

It was my 9th jump as a paraplegic and my other jumps can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/user/daleeIIiott

No stopping me now! Head down next! (as u can see at my deployment!lol)

Dale
Get busy living or get busy dying!

Dale - congrats, man.

Hero:
1. (snip - it's mythological)
2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life
3. A person noted for special achievement in a particular field

It's you dude! Well done!
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

You truly are an inspiration for all of us, but especially to us newbies who wonder if we can really ever do this! Congrats to you... like someone else said... you do so ROCK! B|

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

Yowza! How does the song go?

"Are you taking orders, or taking over?"

Truly inspiring.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

One thing that really stood out to me in the video was the awareness you had right after landing. For having 45 jumps, and only a few of those in the past 7 years, it seems impressive that you could recount little details from freefall like you did.

I think a lot of people wouldn't be that aware. Good show!
I got nuthin