belot64f

Taking gear as carry on

I'm flying this weekend on an ERJ-145 Regional Jet this weekend, and want to know if my gear will fit in the overhead bin in a duffel bag or gear bag (i have a duffel bag) or just regular "free" rig without a bag under the seat in front of me. Its a Vector 3 V353 for a Sabre2 190....so its a little on the larger side than most "advanced" rigs. Please let me know. Thanks

Seeing as most people have to gate check their carryons in the ERJ's I would say that yes it will fit if you keep it in a bag just big enough to fit it. Mine fit in the overhead on a CRJ..............worst case just gate check it......no big deal.
.......I hereby reject your reality and instead choose to insert my own!

What does the airline say is the Size and WEIGHT limit for carry-on?
Once they tell you... Measure it and Weigh it - Then you'll know.

it should meet size and weight....im just worried about it FITTING onto an ERJ 145 overhead bin

Where do you think the airlines come up with the size limits? ;)

It should fit in the overhead in a bag by itself... if you try to put anything else in there with it, I doubt it would fit. The regional jets definitely aren't as spacious... I usually end up gate checking my rig on those airplanes... never had a problem with that yet.

What does the airline say is the Size and WEIGHT limit for carry-on?
Once they tell you... Measure it and Weigh it - Then you'll know.

it should meet size and weight....im just worried about it FITTING onto an ERJ 145 overhead bin

um...... If it's the correct size.... it'll FIT. What am I missing here?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I believe the size guidelines are intended to match the underseat dimensions, the overhead bin dimensions might be much less generous depending on the plane.

There is often a clear box of the designated dimensions that is near the gate desks. The airlines, if they want to, can require that your carry-on fit completely inside it, so adding up the dimensions (how mail carriers categorize the size) is not how it is enforced for airplanes. The airlines almost never enforce the actual restrictions, but they can.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I've taken my rig as a carry on on pretty much all of the smaller aircraft in the US.
ERJ's
CRJ,s
Saab 340
Dash 8 (DHC-8)
and a few others that I don't remember what they were.

The only problem I've had is the past few weeks I've had so much crap crammed into my laptop bag that it would not fit overhead. Usually I put my rig under my seat and my laptop in the overhead. It is tight when you put the rig under the seat in front of you but for some reason I like it better there. :)
But I'm sure you didn't have any problems with your carry on.