redsun

How long for AFF?

Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a newb to skydiving. Did a tandem in New Zealand and have wanted to do the AFF ever since.

I have 8.5 days left of holiday at work and am thinking about doing the AFF in Spain. I'm just wondering how long this normally takes? Do you think there'll be time to look around/relax a bit or will it be full on all week? Not sure whether to use my remaining holiday for it now as otherwise I'll have to wait until next year to do it.

Cheers for your help

Steve

my friend was with our dropzonecrew in portugal and finished it in 2 days.

for me...about 7days (4 weekends) but with 2 days just waiting for the blue sky. so in my very short skydiving career the first thing i learned is that weather can be your worst enemie.:S

it also depends of the size of the dz. with only a cessna182 and a lot people waiting for a lift you wont get much into air.

so getting the bird early will give u all options for the day:)

In the USA...with enough money, good weather, and aircraft/instructor capacity, you could get your entire license (25 jumps) in the time you have available. Knocking out AFF in that time should be a breeze... :)

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

8.5 days in Spain sounds about right to complete AFF and maybe get in a few consolidation jumps.
Plan to send most of the first day in class, then two or three jumps per day after that. The number of jumps per day will increase as you learn to relax in the sky. Less muscle means more energy remaining for the next jump.

Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a newb to skydiving. Did a tandem in New Zealand and have wanted to do the AFF ever since.

I have 8.5 days left of holiday at work and am thinking about doing the AFF in Spain. I'm just wondering how long this normally takes? Do you think there'll be time to look around/relax a bit or will it be full on all week? Not sure whether to use my remaining holiday for it now as otherwise I'll have to wait until next year to do it.

Cheers for your help

Steve

It depends entirely on how long you have to wait for weather, aircraft, equipment, and instructors. At a California DZ I made 3 AFF jumps in a day. At my home Colorado DZ it was one a weekend.

3-4 days would not be pushing it, unless you have to wait and the DZ is only open on weekends in which case it may be weeks. I only got done in 4 weekends over 3 weeks because I left town for a business trip.