mitch8lem

Skydiver over 250 pounds

I've done quite a bit of rw in my camera wings. but I've had a few people complain that my burble in that suit had is own gravity field.:o;) floaty bastards shouldn't be above me:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

C'mon out to Utah. We can accomodate you. it's not just the gear. at an exit weight pushing 300lbs, many instructors can't hang with you.

Isn't most, (if not all) solo gear TSOd to an exit weight of 254 lbs? (except tandem rigs of course)

Or maybe Im wrong ;)

That was TSO-C23c based on SAE AS8015A issued in 1984.

TSO-C23d based on SAE AS8015B was issued in 1994 just has a minimum of 220 lbs.
The mfgr can test and rate gear for any load above that.

Look at the "MAX" column here:

http://www.performancedesigns.com/products.asp?product=pr

The 99, 106, 113, and 281 models are certificated under TSO-C23d.
and the others are certificated under TSO-C23c.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

C'mon out to Utah. We can accomodate you. it's not just the gear. at an exit weight pushing 300lbs, many instructors can't hang with you.

Isn't most, (if not all) solo gear TSOd to an exit weight of 254 lbs? (except tandem rigs of course)

Or maybe Im wrong ;)

Only TSO 23C gear has the 254 lb weight limit. 22B gear (Vectors, Mirages, Racers, ect.) has no limit and 23D (Icons, R-Max's, Angel Fires ect.) gear's limit is whatever the manufactuer choses to test it too.

Also take what you read on here with a grain of salt. Some of the dzo's who proclaim on dz.com that large people don't skydive, have never hesitated to sell me a lift ticket.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Some of the dzo's who proclaim on dz.com that large people don't skydive, have never hesitated to sell me a lift ticket.

Selling a lift ticket to a jumper who has a license and their own gear is one thing.

Training a jumper, where the DZ is providing the student gear, and they have rated instructors who will have to jump with said jumper, is another.