Boeris

Dissappointing deal here!!! :-(

The whole point of my pissyness was, I sold my old main and had been looking for a good transition canopy a while.

Easy solution to the problem. Don't sell your current gear until you have it's replacement in hand. If you can't afford to buy new stuff without selling the old stuff, you're gonna have to accept that there may be perfect weather days when you won't be able to jump. Not because someone didn't come through on what they said they would do, but because you sold your old main before you had a replacement...

If it was trashed, he could have been honest.

If he sold it to someone local, he's someone who doesn't not stay true to their word. When I give my word to someone I keep it. Like I said before, I could have bought another (at a better price mind you), but I thought the deal was already made.

I'm not going to argue about this. I was simply venting and possibly helping someone else avoid this problem in the future. So go ahead and delete this post, I'm done and over it.

Thanks nbblood and others, I appreciate the informational replies. Everyone else talking shit, you're cool (yep, keep thinking that). Some of the replies I got are perfect examples of why I am a lurker here.

Have a great day,
Justin
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.

Yeah, I spotted that, it's international. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd end up paying several hundred more than asking price said and done...

What are you talking about here? Shipping? International shipping is most definitely NOT several hundred dollars. I've sold and shipped internationally on several occasions. While it is more expensive, in the case of a canopy I think you'd be talking well less than $100 even with global priority shipping. Check it out and find out what the seller will ship for.

As for import taxes and such, well you just have to be smart about that.;)
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Yeah, I was talking about the taxes...Never really done the international purchase thing before.
I currently have a rig coming from Moscow, which was actually froze by Russian customs on Saturday. It will be interesting to see how that pans outs.
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.

...I did contact Icarus about a demo Safire 169 several weeks ago and they never got back to me. I fill out the demo form and everything...no reply and it did not show up at the address I specified on date requested.

On a whim I filled out the demo request on PDs site and 2 days later they were calling me and a few days after that a BRAND NEW PD Pulse was at my door. Actually a great canopy, super ez to pack, nice openings, very responsive, didnt care for the flare, but I only did 8 jumps with it, I got sick...either way, you may want to demo it, seems like a similar canopy to the Pilot. Some peeps think PD is overrated, maybe it is, but their customer service sure isn't!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Thanks for venting here! I offered to buy that same canopy, and was still waiting for a reply. I can now stop wasting my time, and look at others.

I really appreciate it when sellers take the time to reply, letting me know an item was sold. (or just delete the ad, or mark it as sold.) Most do so, fortunately.

No prob funjump! It's so annoying when people list something for sale then don't have the common curtisey (sp?) to reply or mark the ad as sold...
www.theflystyle.com

No prob funjump! It's so annoying when people list something for sale then don't have the common curtisey (sp?) to reply or mark the ad as sold...

He may have just decided he didn't want to sell to you.

It's a free world, and you seem like a difficult customer. This thread would support that.

He may have just decided he didn't want to sell to you.

It's a free world, and you seem like a difficult customer. This thread would support that.

Hey bro, I'm about as easy as they come. I'd post the emails we had back and forth...but really don't think that's necessary. If he decided he didn't want to sell to me he should have fuckin told me that in the first place and not led me on for over a week.
www.theflystyle.com