juniorlawrence

Skydiving with friends, scared as hell

I never would have gone if it weren't for peer pressure. Once I did it I was hooked but I needed that little "kick" to get started.

Meh. :|

+1. I was scared shitless. Riding in small planes bunches of times as a small kid and looking down out the window makes it harder in life to get used to the idea of getting out of the vehicle. I say do it man, I would tell my parents, brother, friends whoever to at least try a tandem.

I guess even skydivers have a good sense of humor. LOL.
I guess I am interested in doing it for the "feeling" , I think I am 50/50 on it right now. I was looking for replies like: "Hell man do it" or the "You only live once" or "My grandmother jumps stop being such a ...." things like that.

Okay Junior, if it'll make you feel better about it...I'm a grandma, 56 years old and have 200+ jumps. I learned on Static Line and I've never done a tandem. Yes, I was scared shitless at first but skydiving is the coolest thing I've ever done and I've done a LOT of cool things in 56 years!:ph34r:

Old age ain't no place for sissies!

Another grandmother here. And I'm almost 59 and just started jumping a little over a year ago. I did one tandem and couldn't wait to do it myself. I started AFF the next month.... in winter....... in idaho. Brrrrr
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

And another grandma here (58 years old). I didn't start jumping until I was 50 and my only regret is that I didn't start jumping much earlier! And, after I started jumping, both of my daughters did tandems and, if it weren't for $ and small children, they probably would have done more than just 2 tandems.

I was scared to death my first several jumps -- but the feeling during and after is what it is all about (well, that and all the great people you meet and friends you make)!

But, if you're not totally comfortable with it -- there's always another day. That's one thing you learn jumping -- always trust your gut.

GLIDEANGLE –
Thanks for the hierachrcy order of things that will happen I guess the puke/pass out part would be funny as hell.

CSpenceFLY –
Not sure if I would blame anyone but if I were to blame someone it would be airtwardo he seems like an easy target.

wolfriverjoe –
Glad to know people still get nervous before they jump.

humanflite –
Thanks for that article I’ll read it at lunch today.

humbled1 –
Thanks for the vote of cofindence. I am leaning towards doing it now.

LongWayToFall –
Nice man, I’m glad I am getting so more encouraging words to go for it.

adobelover , grannyinthesky, mpuettman –
Man you are some of the coolest grandma’s I know.

GLIDEANGLE –
Thanks for the hierachrcy order of things that will happen I guess the puke/pass out part would be funny as hell.

CSpenceFLY –
Not sure if I would blame anyone but if I were to blame someone it would be airtwardo he seems like an easy target.

wolfriverjoe –

humanflite –

humbled1 –

LongWayToFall –

:DDoesnt take you long to get into the swing of things does it? Welcome to the fourms

Now go get in the sky!
BASE 1384

GLIDEANGLE –

CSpenceFLY –

wolfriverjoe –

humanflite –

humbled1 –

LongWayToFall –

:DDoesnt take you long to get into the swing of things does it? Welcome to the fourms

Now go get in the sky!

I get that a lot. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

So I have some friends that are thinking about skydiving in a month, tandem. I am not sure the name of the place but it is in california near LA.
(1) What is the "likelyhood" for problems? I know stupid question. But the last thing I want to do is get hurt.

Thanks.

Dude, just go and do it. Get your T-shirt and go brag to your family & friends how bad ass it was.

Then move on with your life.

If you really want to do it right...

Pay for AFF1. It's literally just a couple of dollars more with high quality video at our DZ, or less with a video that isn't edited.

You'll spend half of a day learning in ground school, and you'll get to jump with two instructors and your own canopy(s).

If you look out of the door, and puss out...you have a better excuse when facing your friends;)

The fear (concern) part comes on occasion, but being on load one staring out the door in the morning while the sun is coming up replaces it in an instant with a feeling of peace that I've never found anywhere else. You just can't wait to get out!

PS- you also can't wait to get out if someone on the plane has eaten eggs and sausage for breakfast:|

skydiving is the most unsafe dangerous risky thing you can do.. I mean.. you have seen tv right? These guys here are basket cases. Don't do it!!!! Never would I fly on a plane where I have to sit on the floor, while the pilot eats a sandwich while flying a plane that has a big hole in the side so people can easily fall out.

I gotta call 'Bullshit' on that one...:S

What DZ feeds the pilot?! :ph34r:

we do. some poor sod witnessed this.

Looks like he is speaking into his sandwich.

Poor overworked bartard.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley