Misternatural

Skydiving and aging

Get a younger girlfriend...;)

Yes, that is one of the advantages of getting older: More younger women to choose from.B|

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.":P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I still think of myself as a kid. It scares the hell out of me when everytime I look in a mirror or see a picture of myself. Most times I see my grandpa looking back at me. Believe me this is quite depressing.

I'll be 60 next year. I haven't jumped in over a year, but plan to get back in the game in a few weeks.

Openings were playing hell with my neck. The chiropractor says both my neck and back are deteriorating and arthritis is setting in. I guess that's what happens when you've had a hard life. All those wrecks I took rodeoing and logging didn't help either.

Being fit is important. Going to the gym to lift, and doing aerobic work can help a lot. I've been just doing a lot of hard carpenter work lately, and that seems to help. I sure can't work like I once did.

Napping and eating are things I look forward to. That reminds me....It's time for lunch!

>I've been just doing a lot of hard carpenter work,

yep so did I But now I find that I have to start strategizing about what is a smart idea and a stupid idea....when you are younger the stupid ideas don't seem to bite back as much:D

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Reminds me of this little gem I ran across recently:

"Fifty is the age at which your father’s face regularly stares back at you from the bathroom mirror. The Grim Reaper, unexpected and uninvited, is suddenly your poker buddy."

Not to be morbid, and I don't see 53 as being THAT old; but your perspective on life begins to change when you hit the age at which news of the deaths of old friends start to become pretty regular fare.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Openings were playing hell with my neck.

Yeah...I finally bit the bullet an UP-sized the canopy a few sq-ft, & opted for the pocketed slider.

~Mild openings and one foot stand-ups are the 'old' cool! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

>I've been just doing a lot of hard carpenter work,

yep so did I But now I find that I have to start strategizing about what is a smart idea and a stupid idea....when you are younger the stupid ideas don't seem to bite back as much:D

I am still having trouble grasping that concept. There are all kinds of stupid things that I couild pull off when I was younger. It's not so easy these days.

About five years ago, I got this wild idea that I could build a log house, by myself. I even did that once when I was younger. Well here it is five years later, and I'm not done yet! I don't know how many nights I went to bed exhausted, and could barely move the next morning.

I used to break a horse or two when I was younger. So, I figure what the heck....I'll bet I can still do that. I had a colt run through a fence and fall on my leg a couple years ago. I definitely had a hitch in my get along after that. I could barely get in and out of my truck for some time after.

Then yesterday, I walked up behind a colt and got kicked square in the shin. Ended up with a baseball sized knot on my leg, complete with blood and guts.

Maybe one of these days, I'll learn that I'm not a kid any more.....

Back when I was rodeoing, I had a friend I traveled with. Our plan was, when we got older, we'd get some old broncs that couldn't buck anymore. We figured we get on those once in a while. That way we could still feel like cowboys....Maybe I need to get some colts that aren't so wild....

I prefer ......and MonaVie's acai berry juices.

Aside from eat right & exercise, this stuff really does wonders for your body. Antioxidants is the best supplement to put into one's body.:)
The #1 thing is SLEEP ~ it rejuvenates, #2 is water.

It works for me, though, I'm not 50 but like [skybytch] said..."I'm not 22 anymore..." or 32 for that matter. :)
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

Hi steve,

Maybe I need to get some colts that aren't so wild....

You talking about horses or are you talking about women?
:P

JerryBaumchen

I like to talk big. When anyone asks me what my nickname is, I usually tell them Stevie Stud Horse.

Most people get a big laugh out of that, because I look more like Elmer Fudd.....But back in the day, I was quite handsome (In a homely kind of way)!:)
If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!

Check it out everybody:)The June Parachutist has a GREAT article on back strengthening exercises for skydivers! Page 46

I'd post it but I think thats a copyright problem...plus my old scanner is not playing nice with my new computergizmo.

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

I did 60 jumps on my 60th birthday fund raiser for M.S.in 7 hours and 20 minutes.Last summer I did 16 tandems. This summer Iwill be 67 and we will see what that brings. Last year was the first in many years I didnt break 400 jumps inly 382. My best was 565 at 60. Doesnt seem like much but not bad for Michigan's short season . I am S.O.S.727 and proud of it.

I did 60 jumps on my 60th birthday fund raiser for M.S.in 7 hours and 20 minutes.Last summer I did 16 tandems. This summer Iwill be 67 and we will see what that brings. Last year was the first in many years I didnt break 400 jumps inly 382. My best was 565 at 60. Doesnt seem like much but not bad for Michigan's short season . I am S.O.S.727 and proud of it.

Swoon... :)

I started skydiving when I was 52. I was only gong to do one tandem but that has turned into 659 skydives.

I can definitely tell that I'm slowing down. Strength training at the gym is a must, but six skydives in a day is just about all I can do.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.