VEGAS_MIKE

how long to get your A license

i want it! :)
the only DZ within driving distance for me only has a 182 during the summer. they also wont take at 230 lbs, they want me to be 220 lbs (manta 288) offered to buy them a 320 but they dont have a container large enough. (10 lbs is hard for me but not imposable, theirs not a lot of fat left[:/])

im willing to fly somewhere and camp or sleep in a bunk house while i do the training all at once. but i have to take off work so i would only be able to get 9 days to do it. assuming the weather cooperates, would it be posable to get my A license in 9 days at a big turbine dz?

how long did it take you to get your A license?

I did mine in a month going weekends only to a medium sized DZ...

I'm certain you could complete your requirements in 9 days at a larger DZ. I'd just say make plans for it with the DZ and since your going through all the trouble pick one that has a tunnel at least close by so you can get a little time. Even 10 minutes will significantly help you and a half hour would be huge.

Since your in Vegas, Skydive Arizona in Eloy, AZ is the first place that comes to mind. I don't know which Cali DZs have a tunnel. Also you aren't far from Ogden, UT which has a tunnel also and a really good DZ (where I learned) but not open all week. (I think they are 4 days a week right now)

Skydive Chicago has an 'A License in a week' program too. You could rent one of their cabins on the river, or just pitch a tent. There's also fishing, hiking, horseback riding, canoeing, and more. Video is included with every AFP jump. Check it out.

http://www.skydivechicago.com/Services/StudentJumpers/tabid/111/Default.aspx#LicenseInAWeek

I did mine in a month going weekends only to a medium sized DZ...

I'm certain you could complete your requirements in 9 days at a larger DZ.

...it can be done. My brother got his full 25 jumps in 6 days. I think he slept for a week.B| Just let the DZ know you are coming. Jim wallace hooked it up down in Perris. Great job guys and girl (Gail Sims).

I did 'A license in a week' at SDC last year. It took about 8 days due to weather. There was a guy out there going through the program last week that came out all the way from New York to do the program. There was one guy in my class last year that came out from CA.

Edit to add: I don't think weight would be a problem either although you'd have to call to be sure. If I remember correctly they have you round up to the nearest canopy size and then add 40 lbs. That would put you at 270. Although the biggest canopy they have is a 260. Like I said you'd probably have to call.

1088 jumps and no A?:S You rode the short bus, didn't you:P

Just kidding. My dad went from no license, to A, to D. Someone told him he had to get the A first. Go figure.

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama