Phosphorus8

Goggles/Glasses

So what are the best goggles for contacts? Sorz?

When I'm not wearing my full-face, I wear Sorz (and yes, I wear contacts, too). They work fine for me.

However, goggles really seem to depend on the person. Your face shape might be better-suited for different kinds of goggles. Luckily, they're inexpensive, so you can try different brands to see which work for you.

Some people at the DZ will likely let you try theirs out for a jump or two. Otherwise, I'd say just grab a pair and try them out. If they're not ideal for you, grab a different kind and try them again. It's always good to have a backup pair.
Signatures are the new black.

I am sick of them fogging up in the plane... (Ref: Cheap plastic goggles)

You mean like Kroops gogles? You might not need to give up on the cheap goggles yet.

Assuming you are wearing a helmet...

Go to Walmart to the hardware department and buy some of those little sticky "feet", the things to stick on the bottom of your knickknacks to keep them from scratching the furniture.

Put one of those on the front of your helmet, and the goggles can stay parked there until you are ready to exit. You can even have your goggles and helmet both on and ready to go from the time you leave the ground.

And if you don't like the flimsy elastic on the goggles, stop by the fabric department and get some wider elastic. You don't really need the adjustment thingie, just sew it on so it is tight, and replace it 6 months later when it gets worn.

WalMart solves all our problems, right?

So you put put the sticky furniture foot on your helmet and... what now??? I am trying to picture it and I just don't understand! Sorry for sounding like an idiot!
"Well behaved women rarely make history" - Marilyn Monroe

So you put put the sticky furniture foot on your helmet and... what now??? I am trying to picture it and I just don't understand!

Sorry, I was making an assumption. I'll make a couple more, 1. that you are talking about Kroops goggles and 2. that you wear them under your helmet.

You put on your goggles, then your helmet, then you pull your goggles up to where the top edge catches on the "foot". They should stay there until you are ready to put them down on your face and exit.

I also forgot to add that if the foot falls off too easily it can be screwed or glued on.

So you put put the sticky furniture foot on your helmet and... what now??? I am trying to picture it and I just don't understand!

Sorry, I was making an assumption. I'll make a couple more, 1. that you are talking about Kroops goggles and 2. that you wear them under your helmet.

You put on your goggles, then your helmet, then you pull your goggles up to where the top edge catches on the "foot". They should stay there until you are ready to put them down on your face and exit.

I also forgot to add that if the foot falls off too easily it can be screwed on glued on.

I have tried on the aluminum Gatorz type glasses and they do not fit very well.

I have actually been wearing some Oakley Flak Jackets. They curve in towards your eyes at the bottom and are very good for keeping the wind out during in all orientations of flying with the exception of tracking.

Have Rig will travel ...

www.sportrx.com
they have a few that are suitable for skydiving.

i bought two pairs of 7eye bora with polycarbonate perscription lenses. one dark and one clear.
probably the best buy i have ever done.

can wear them loose while in the plane and just before exiting i just strap them on hard around my head.
they dont fog up while beeing loose, and they have smal airvents in the foam so if they would fog up they get clear as you get close to the door

I am sick of them fogging up in the plane I feel like I am always frantic right before I get to the door to clear them so I can see what I am doing. I am concerned about my eyes getting watery during the jump though, I know riding a motorcycle with sunglasses there is still air that gets in at the sides, but I have never tried really form fitting ones. I have thought about the full face helmet but I think it's a little early to drop that much cash on something I may not use after a while. Thanks for all the advice though :)

Take a look at the glasses from Liquid Eyewear. Not only do they have an ANSI impact rating, you can also add a foam gasket to them easily to make them into goggles. They can also do prescriptions as well. The aluminum frames are actual made to be form fitted so they sit as close to your face as needed without worrying about breaking the lenses or the frame when you adjust/bend them. I personally don't use the foam insert as they work fine for me as is in freefall but YMMV.The video on the web site gives a pretty good run down.

I got a pair of 'players' with the foam after you suggested and linked the site a while back....the best 'sunglasses/goggles' I have ever jumped!B|:)
I talked them up so much that they must have gotten a shyness complex of some sort because they walked away from my gearbag two weeks ago! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I talked them up so much that they must have gotten a shyness complex of some sort because they walked away from my gearbag two weeks ago!

That seriously blows but I am not surprised. In Puerto Rico during the boogie, the Event Sponsor had her pair of Liquid Gaskets "disappear" a day after she got them. Seems one of the visiting pilots decided to "borrow" them for a little while. Fortunately for her, she was able to recover her glasses when said individual showed up the next day wearing them.

I hope you are able to locate yours and "liberate" them.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

www.sportrx.com
they have a few that are suitable for skydiving.

i bought two pairs of 7eye bora with polycarbonate perscription lenses. one dark and one clear.
probably the best buy i have ever done.

can wear them loose while in the plane and just before exiting i just strap them on hard around my head.
they dont fog up while beeing loose, and they have smal airvents in the foam so if they would fog up they get clear as you get close to the door

I have looked at some of the products on this site before, but I have been reserved about purchasing because I actually want to see them on my face, try them on, hold them in my hand, and I can't. I HATE my contacts, and only wear them to skydive. I love my mini flex z goggles and the complete seal they have around my eyes, but putting the contacts in sucks. So, I think I might invest in these:

http://www.sportrx.com/order.asp?product_id=WX082

Does anybody have any experience with this model? I'm really looking for the tight seal around my face. I don't want wind to get underneath the glasses and blow them off. (I don't trust the strap completely). I too want to order one in clear and in grey. I think I just need to bite the bullet and finally get a pair-- would pay for itself in the long run without having to buy contacts just for jumping.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

i dont have any expiriens of those sunglases but i suggest you order with AR (Anti reflective) coating.
i orderd one pair without and that was stupid.
i dont notice the glare when im in the air but when im packing or just walking around with my 'goggles' its a bit annoying.

you can try them on before buying:
http://www.sportrx.com/rx_faq.asp#7

I talked them up so much that they must have gotten a shyness complex of some sort because they walked away from my gearbag two weeks ago! >:(

That sucks, it's the main reason it just ain't worth getting expensive shades/goggles for me.

i dont have any expiriens of those sunglases but i suggest you order with AR (Anti reflective) coating.
i orderd one pair without and that was stupid.
i dont notice the glare when im in the air but when im packing or just walking around with my 'goggles' its a bit annoying.

you can try them on before buying:
http://www.sportrx.com/rx_faq.asp#7

OMG! You're a lifesaver!!! Thanks a bunch!!!!!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)