triales13

perris or elsinore to start over with half done certification

They're both great DZs with excellent training programs. Why not check them both out and see which atmosphere you like better? Another deciding factor for you may be talking to each of them to find out how you'd fit into their existing programs given that you do have some jumps completed. Exactly how they slot you into the progression may impact your overall cost and might also be a factor (note that I would fully expect both DZs to put you through full recurrency training, but the variance might be in what they charge for that training and/or which jumps in your progression you'll need to repeat).

Be sure to ask about costs for jumps, gear rental, coaching past AFF, packing classes, etc. to make sure you're comparing apples to apples.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

>Any recomendation?

You actually have three choices - there are two schools at Perris (the Perris school and the Jim Wallace school.) All three are good choices. Perris has better facilities if that's important to you. (Pool, bar, restaurant etc.)

>Elsinore has Melanie and Meili.

Perris has Melanie, Hannah, Christy, Ilse and Aggi!

Damn, I wanna go back to LaLA land! You guys are sooo damn spoiled!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

yes but to trump it all, Elsinore has ME!!!!

Dude - he's asking for reasons to GO there, not AVOID it... :P

he doesnt know to ignore it yet, Shhhhh!!!!!

btw front desk girls, i want my free jump for referring this guy to 'snore =D
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

I had the experience of going through Perris for AFF, but thats when Travis was still an AFF instructor, and this doesn't apply to him.

Not one instructor remembered me after AFF at the Perris school. Nothing against them personally because it's the operation and volume that results in a school lacking personal attention...oh yeah, and Stewart, the school operator, is a douche bag. On two occasions that guy proved to me that he had his own agenda and wasn't concerned about the customer.

Jim Wallace runs a tight ship and he is a solid guy. I would say try him out or Elsinore. Both are solid.

I jump at Elsinore so I can tell you my perspective when I was a student.

Perris is so big (to me) that I feel I was lost in the shuffle. I agree that it is probably because of the large numbers. Some veteran folks tell me it is because of the separation between new and experienced jumpers. Who knows...

To me, the Elsinore staff is first rate (in any business I've encountered). They are all very friendly and willing to help you learn, regardless of your skill level. I never have any problems jumping with experienced folks on the weekends or just bullshitting on the weekdays I have off. The attention you get as a student from the staff and instructors is awesome.

2 cents
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

"...oh yeah, and Stewart, the school operator, is a ..."

Hah!
Hah!

I remember when Stewart first walked onto the Perris DZ.
I had been working in the loft for a while when a scared young kid from Britain, too young to shave, no ratings, etc.
Hah!
Hah!

Depending where you're moving to in SoCal, there's also Skydive San Diego. It's way smaller than Perris and Elsinore but it has good airplanes (2 Twin Otters and 1 Caravan) and an excellent staff.

The weather is very nice, and the scenery overlooking the pacific is stunning.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

Perris and Elsinore are both good although I jump at Perris because the facilities are better. My experience of the instructors there, and I think I've had all of them at one point or another, is that they are second to none. They seemed very welcoming and always remembered me after AFF etc. Some of them have helped me out tremendously with packing or giving me advice about one thing or another.
I have (and will do again) jump at Elsinore because some of the people there are really cool.

Edit - Damn, got some serious hate mail from the Elsinorians that one!! :P

>Elsinore has Melanie and Meili.

Perris has Melanie, Hannah, Christy, Ilse and Aggi!

BillVon, I'm hurt. What's a girl gotta do to make your list?

And, btw, none of those chicks listed actually work at the Perris School, so not sure what BillVon's line of thinking is.
I do work at the Perris School. You can ask me anything you want about our instructors and training.

Perris can be busy on the Saturdays. We recommend AFF come on Sundays or any other day of the week. You can come Saturdays too, just know we're busy. For your recurrency, we'll take as much time as you need on the ground and jump when you're ready. When you get to single jumpmaster jumps, and for all coach jumps, we offer FREE debrief video. We have an onsite windtunnel along with all the other better facilities already mentioned. We're open and usually turning otter loads every day.

Karen
http://www.exitshot.com

>BillVon, I'm hurt. What's a girl gotta do to make your list?

If I listed every hot chick at Perris the list would have been too long.

>And, btw, none of those chicks listed actually work at the Perris School

Where did Hannah go?

I had the experience of going through Perris for AFF, but thats when Travis was still an AFF instructor, and this doesn't apply to him.

Not one instructor remembered me after AFF at the Perris school. Nothing against them personally because it's the operation and volume that results in a school lacking personal attention...oh yeah, and Stewart, the school operator, is a douche bag. On two occasions that guy proved to me that he had his own agenda and wasn't concerned about the customer.

Jim Wallace runs a tight ship and he is a solid guy. I would say try him out or Elsinore. Both are solid.

I did my AFF at Perris. I've been back twice since, and all my original instuctors remebered me and came over to say hi.

Stewart is a cool bloke too. :P

I personally have not jumped at Perris but have been down to Elsinore several times....it just depends on what you are looking for. Check out both places....they both have a different vibe, but both are top of the line...either way you won't go wrong. I would check them both out and see which is a better fit for you. Regardless....you will probably end up jumping at both if you are in that area. :)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Well I've been to both. I'd recommend Elsinore. In my experience, it's a friendlier, especially to jumpers who've just gotten their A. Elsinore also has the free Excel camp every so often, which is pretty cool (I still do it even though I've got more than 250 jumps).

Oh, and Elsinore definitely has more hotness, Guys and girls.