mxcale

attn doctors and or people with appendix removed

I was about to reply with a well thought out response, but after your last post, you'll likely just disregard it anyway.

Makes me kinda regret typing out what I said, but it just proved a point.

I don't want you to get hurt. Moreover, I don't want you to be incapacitated and hurt someone else.

I wish you the best of luck, because you certainly know more than we do.

well i was nice for awhile. dont care now. i thought i'd get peoples experiences and some doctors opinions or actual evidence that there would be a decent chance of injury. i keep hearing dont do it because harsh openings or it'l hurt to arch and ... well here goes likely my last post... i'm tired of gettin cropped in with the rest of the couch potato football nascar watchin beer drinkin hopeless helpless no talent dip shit drivin slow in the left lane outa shape no other hobby having pussies in the world!!!!! i talked to a neuro surgeon friend of mine that said the same thing as my actual surgeon. my friend is totally familiar with alt. sports and the forces MUCH more harsh than my canopy opening or even if i limp dicked a landing and didnt throw sum brakes on. oh yeah and btw to just to piss more people off i'l be jumping a camera helmet with less than 100 jumps and a wing suit with 75 jumps and base with less than 100 jumps!!!!!!! and i'l live through AAALLLLLLLLLLL of it!!! dont bother taking ur thoughts of a response to actually typing cuz i'm sick of the flames that flow from keyboard junkies :) wouldnt hav typed this but F the smartass BS comments! to everybody even those who hate me after this i hope all of u get out this weekend and enjoy blue skies! I KNOW I WILL!

Dude, what are you, like 12? No need to get your panties in a bunch because someone has a different opinion than you. Ultmately, you are going to do what you want anyways. I hope you have a great time, and all goes well. ;)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

i appreciate all the comments and i know its truely in my best intrest but i like to think i'm pretty in touch with what i'm capable of. i wouldnt jump if doc said no way absolutely not no matter how good u feel but i didnt even tell him how good i feel and he told me not to worry bout doing any damage. considering the physical shape i'm in i'm 100% confident i can jump and be fine.

You seem determined to see a YES GO JUMP in any answer you get.

Understandable that you are anxious to jump; but if you already knew the answer, why did you ask?

Hoping you don't get bit by the consequences of your enthusiasm.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I was about to reply with a well thought out response, but after your last post, you'll likely just disregard it anyway.

Makes me kinda regret typing out what I said, but it just proved a point.

I don't want you to get hurt. Moreover, I don't want you to be incapacitated and hurt someone else.

I wish you the best of luck, because you certainly know more than we do.

well i was nice for awhile. dont care now. i thought i'd get peoples experiences and some doctors opinions or actual evidence that there would be a decent chance of injury. i keep hearing dont do it because harsh openings or it'l hurt to arch and ... well here goes likely my last post... i'm tired of gettin cropped in with the rest of the couch potato football nascar watchin beer drinkin hopeless helpless no talent dip shit drivin slow in the left lane outa shape no other hobby having pussies in the world!!!!! i talked to a neuro surgeon friend of mine that said the same thing as my actual surgeon. my friend is totally familiar with alt. sports and the forces MUCH more harsh than my canopy opening or even if i limp dicked a landing and didnt throw sum brakes on. oh yeah and btw to just to piss more people off i'l be jumping a camera helmet with less than 100 jumps and a wing suit with 75 jumps and base with less than 100 jumps!!!!!!! and i'l live through AAALLLLLLLLLLL of it!!! dont bother taking ur thoughts of a response to actually typing cuz i'm sick of the flames that flow from keyboard junkies :) wouldnt hav typed this but F the smartass BS comments! to everybody even those who hate me after this i hope all of u get out this weekend and enjoy blue skies! I KNOW I WILL!

And to think guys... These are the type of people who MAY be in the sky with you.

Geeze. Yes, self-responsibility out there but it's the other person you have to worry about, too!

Go jump, just don't hurt anyone else.:S
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

i just had my appendix taken out saturday night. i had a skydiving trip planned for this coming up weekend and now i dont know if i'm gunna make it. doctors: should i skydive 1 week after havin my appendix removed? and people with appendix removed: how long after removal did u wait to jump? thanks everybody and hav a good week

I'm no doctor, but bad idea dude.

It may be "ok" if you make a nice safe comfortable jump, but what if you have an uncomfortable landing and end up with internal bleeding?

I'd say wait at least one more week.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

i just had my appendix taken out saturday night. i had a skydiving trip planned for this coming up weekend and now i dont know if i'm gunna make it. doctors: should i skydive 1 week after havin my appendix removed? and people with appendix removed: how long after removal did u wait to jump? thanks everybody and hav a good week

I'm no doctor, but bad idea dude.

It may be "ok" if you make a nice safe comfortable jump, but what if you have an uncomfortable landing and end up with internal bleeding?

I'd say wait at least one more week.

thanks dude! this is the kind of response i was wantin! too bad ur one of only a few decent people that can just post ur opinion with good intention. lota other pricks on here with a control complex and no life other than on here where they think theyr cool. hope u hav a stellar weekend and blue skies

I'm wondering, say the safety person from your DZ is here on DZ reading your posts.... has concerns for YOU and the OTHER JUMPERS, because of your recent medical situation and your "fuck everyone except me" attitude... how about a grounding by them for a week?

It would be in your own best interest to take a seat for a week, relax, hang out, maybe take pictures of your friends, take some landing videos for some new jumpers.... still be at the DZ with your friends but just chill...

Is that possible?
Always be kinder than you feel.

mr McSwervy yet another good post like i was hoping to get from the get go. good suggestion and after the first part u didnt sound like a dick. as for the "f everybody except me" part i can assure u thats 180 from who i am! i'm more just "f people from here who dont know me and are trying to judge me". i doubt anybody from my dz will ground me after i offer a physical fitness test before i suit up cuz nobody will be able to keep up. well maybe my one friend but i'd say thats it. off to work and then off to the dz. i'l post sundays details on here for everybody to enjoy.

i doubt anybody from my dz will ground me after i offer a physical fitness test before i suit up cuz nobody will be able to keep up.

again missing the point. The issue isn't about your fitness. You could have your arm chopped off at the elbow and still run a 6 minute mile.

mr McSwervy yet another good post like i was hoping to get from the get go. good suggestion and after the first part u didnt sound like a dick. as for the "f everybody except me" part i can assure u thats 180 from who i am! i'm more just "f people from here who dont know me and are trying to judge me". i doubt anybody from my dz will ground me after i offer a physical fitness test before i suit up cuz nobody will be able to keep up. well maybe my one friend but i'd say thats it. off to work and then off to the dz. i'l post sundays details on here for everybody to enjoy.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you. What I'm saying is this.... for your health and the safety of your friends please sit out this weekend. I know you won't, so I hope there's nothing in the Incidents forum about YOU and any of your friends. That's all. I remember how crappy I felt around my incisions after the surgery and the little zinger pains that would just pop up without warning. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

FWIW, I was pumped for a great Saturday at the DZ on a day that was to honor a friend who went in. On the way to the DZ, I started to feel like I was coming down with the flu really quickly and hard. I was no more than 5 miles from the DZ. I turned the car around and drove home. You know why? Because I love my friends so much that the last thing I want to do it get them sick. Even if I just layed around on the sofas and tortured them taking pictures and video with my new camera, what if I was contagious? And all of those people jammed together on the plane? Spreading germs? It's not fair and I wouldn't do that to my friends. And I'm upset that I missed Dan's day... :(

Just my .02...
Always be kinder than you feel.

If you're tough enough...

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/053109/mor_13572194.shtml

alright just for the people who have this in the future and research it at all. got my appendix out sat night and was feeling pretty good within 3 days. i still got cramps here and there but minor. had a ltl fever and sickly feeling the 4th day (due to the appendicitis not the surgery according to surgeon). 7 days after surgery i did 4 jumps. 1 freefly and 3 wingsuit jumps. no pain jumping or landing. came in hot and ran one just to see about the running and slightly harder impact and was still fine. packing did suck however! sumthin about laying on the canopy pushed a spot down there and was pretty uncomfortable. the 3rd wingsuit jump was a 3 way with my 2 buddies in wingsuits and was one of the most incredible jumps i'v had to date!!!! sky was beautiful and the jump went well!!! if anybody gets it done feel free to pm me for any ?s. other than that i'l say blue sky and beautiful white cloud towers to everybody and enjoy the gift of skydiving!