DSE

Zepplin Skydive

But not the first from a Zeppelin NT. I remember an event in germany couple of years ago where they jumped from one...

I kinda thought I recalled something about that.
He's wearing a GoProHero on his helmet, not bad vid at all.

Nice Video!!

But not the first from a Zeppelin NT. I remember an event in germany couple of years ago where they jumped from one...

alex

True, however on the author's comment section to the right of the video he says:

On July 2nd, former Navy SEAL skydiver Geoff Reeves made history by becoming the first person to jump from a Zeppelin airship over US soil. Jumping over the beautiful Long Beach Harbor and the Que..."

Uh . . . wow . . . ominous music makes it sound as if it really is dangerous doesn't it? Good God, it's just another flippin' platform. I mean, excellent job getting paid for it and all but holy crap it's not like it was anything really special. He exited, he pulled, he landed.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Uh . . . wow . . . ominous music makes it sound as if it really is dangerous doesn't it? Good God, it's just another flippin' platform. I mean, excellent job getting paid for it and all but holy crap it's not like it was anything really special. He exited, he pulled, he landed.

Wow...... Maybe he didnt pick the music, maybe some whuffo did. Damn do you ever have anything good to say? Is not like hes on here saying " Im the coolest guy alive" Take a fucking breath and relax. Quit analizing shit so much! Maybe you should catch up on your meds?:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

What I don't get is that he takes a 10 second delay, and during that 10 secs, he checks his altitude watch twice, and doesn't get one frame of footage of the zepplin.

How about back fly yourself out the door, and get a shot of the big ballon?

Still a cool jump.

Truth is, I didn't have audio on; you're right. Pretty dramatic. Me....I woulda rolled over and shot the blimp at least once. Looks like it was put together by the blimp company.

He needs to untwist his brake lines too. ;)

Did anyone else catch this skydive, alleging first skydive from a Zepplin?

Is a Zepplin different than a blimp? I know there was a blimp jump at Quincy ~15 years ago.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I always thought that Zeppelins had a rigid frame under the skin. Common blimps (Goodyear, Fuji Film...) are just gas bags with no internal structure.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

ominous music = Crimson Tide.....
navy genre of movies where submarines might start a nuclear war....
navy guy doing jump....

whatever...
only seemed special because it seems as tho' he got paid for the jump.
Mr. Macho talk at the start was a big turnoff.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I always thought that Zeppelins had a rigid frame under the skin. Common blimps (Goodyear, Fuji Film...) are just gas bags with no internal structure.

No. That's the difference between a blimp and a dirigible.

Zeppelin is the name of a company that manufactures both, but most well known for dirigibles like the Hindenberg.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No. That's the difference between a blimp and a dirigible.

Zeppelin is the name of a company that manufactures both, but most well known for dirigibles like the Hindenberg.

I'm pretty sure you're all wrong.

The Real Zeppelin

If you want to be specific, that is a blimp.
Think: balloon, limp.

It is a dirigible, (french word for steerable) balloon, making it an airship.

Whether it is a "Zeppellin" depends upon which factory it came from.
YEs the original (early 1900s) Zeppellins had rigid aluminum frames, covered with fabric and containing gas-bags, but the Zeppelin factory recently re-started manufacturing dirigible balloons with soft envelopes, similar to the one in the original video, ergo, while it is a frame-less blimp, it sill might be a genuine "Zeppellin."

Whoever wrote that title on Youtube was probably trying to sound cool.

For clarification and to keep it simple. A Zepplin is a rigid-framed airship with hydrogen filled baffles. Remember the Hindenberg.

A blimp (That is what is in the video) in a non-rigid framed airship "filled" with helium.

Hope you're recovering nicely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeppelin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blimp

Go start the reactor Quade. :P

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I agree. This video was some funny shit. Talk about playing it up.

Anyone catch how he called 30 seconds and then asked for a course correction to the right? Nice grandstanding for the cameras - as if 20 feet would've mattered.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

The music is from The Transformers movie. The jumper is one of the guys who did the skydive stunt in the second Transformers movie.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Me....I woulda rolled over and shot the blimp at least once. Looks like it was put together by the blimp company.

My thought exactly. When you jump out of something like that, you really want to take a look back.;)

Second thought, it's not a Zeppelin, which is an airship with a rigid frame. It's a blimp, an airship which keeps it's shape without a frame, just gas pressure. :)

Edited to note: Just went to their airship website. It's a semi-rigid airship, with a partial frame. That would explain it's slightly tubular mid section. It's a rarer type of construction, somewhere between a blimp and a true zeppelin.

Whatever it is, I'd love to jump out of it. But I'd pick my own music.