OlympiaStoica

I got my "wings" back!!!

Yesterday was the one year anniversary since my first jump, an event that has changed my life (for the better). It was love at first jump for me and this “crazy activity” of leaping out of airplanes for fun, has brought me much joy over the past year.

How did I celebrate? By getting back on the horse, so to speak; I was scared out of my mind (a glimpse back to my days as a terrified student), but with the help of my old coach, I got up … and I got down … safely. These were my first jumps returning from an injury, so the fear was not completely irrational. Teri (my coach and dear friend) was there to help me get my “sky balls” back once more, just as she has done it in the past.

Starting physical therapy today (broken ankle 6+ weeks ago, on a botched landing) and hopefully I’ll regain full range of motion very soon. It was wonderful being able to get some altitude – I missed it … very much …

O

Wooo Hooo! Congratulations on getting over your fear and getting back in the air. Now, be careful will ya? B|

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Congrats girl,those altitude withdraws really suck don't they?

I was so depressed being at the DZ on Friday and Saturday without being able to jump, I just left and went home - I couldn't stand it anymore. Yeah ... I knew how much I missed it when I got all misty eyed when getting off the highway (heading to the DZ) and I looked up to see the sky full of canopies ...

O