Tuna-Salad

Which are you, Parachutist or Skydiver?

Where is the choice for both? Seems to me, I'm a skydiver when in freefall and parachutist when my open my canopy.

Part of my schtick on the PA when I'm working manifest goes something like, " 2 minutes to jumpers. 2 minutes until we have skydivers. This means about 3 minutes until we have parachutists in the air."
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

The sport / hobby thread inspired this one.

I am a skydiver. Freefall is what touches my soul.

Of course I love the canopy ride too--but the ride under canopy isn't why I'm doing this. Freefall is what it is about for me. When I have dreams about skydiving, it is always about freefall--never the canopy ride.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Both most of the time; only very occasionally am I just a parachutist. People can call me either one and I will not kill them.:S

" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Even the friend with over 200 S/Ls was a skydiver on exit. The military guys who exit on their back - maybe they aren't skydivers. But the rest of us are flying the exit, at least.

OTOH I should sincerely hope not *one* skydiver forgets to be a parachutist from opening to landing. There is *no* excuse for skydiving for the freefall and then not paying attention to the parachuting part - the 'whatever gets me down' mentality. If you really truly want that, malfunction rates on rounds are a lot better than on squares. I dare you. :) (generic, plural you.)

Me, I'm BOTH. (Rock on Kallend!) And I can fly! :ph34r: (Wingsuits rock too!)

Silly poll Tuna. Didn't vote. :P

Johan.
I am. I think.