docjohn

got face dumped

This was something I'd hoped I'd never see. Got to watch a deployment from directly above. This was a 12 way RW (ok, FORMATION SKYDIVING) dive where there was a nasty funnel at around 5,000 ft. One jumper on his back snagged a pilot chute by accidently sticking his finger thru the tube of the pilot chute handle. The rest is history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkNVO8VcQU

No injuries (but I think I have 8 lives left now). I don't think it was anyone's fault. Be careful when things get ugly.

Whew!

Modertor: Feel free to move this to another forum. I didn't think it belonged in INCIDENTS but you be the judge.
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

Wow!

Originally when I read the thread title, I thought a faceplant landing. (Next time, a more sensational title would be in order -- this should be in a textbook video of the dangers inherent in big way skydiving)

I originally thought his SO broke up with him over Facebook.:D:D

But that was some scary shit!:o Glad everything turned out ok.
Muff #5048

:o:o:o:o:o

Nice job of keeping the two of you alive. I hate those tube's but dude that tried to kill you guys needs to get kicked back to solo's for a couple hundred jumps as a stupid tax.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Wow It looks like you where very lucky in more ways than one! It looks as if his bridle got under his right arm. If not then his canopy would have opened quiker and he would have been closer and more under you. :oB|

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

It looks as if his bridle got under his right arm. If not then his canopy would have opened quiker and he would have been closer and more under you. :oB|

I didn't notice that but I think you're right. In frame 0:13 it looks like he's rolling to his left and thus releasing the trapped bridal. Bought me a milisecond or two to backslide out of the way.

Good pick up!
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

Watched it again and you even luckyer than before:D. The guys that pulled it out also had it stuck for maybe a secound? That bought you another secound! You may have used 2 or 3 lives on this jump:o:D:ph34r:

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Wow!

Originally when I read the thread title, I thought a faceplant landing. (Next time, a more sensational title would be in order -- this should be in a textbook video of the dangers inherent in big way skydiving)

I originally thought his SO broke up with him over Facebook.:D:D

But that was some scary shit!:o Glad everything turned out ok.

that is hilarious millertime...i thought the same thing. wow, that is some scary shit! glad you were ok and there wasn't a significant injury out of the deal.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Nice!

Seen worse - (yikes!)

Good thing you had gloves on, looked like you caught some lines to the hand at one point. Surviving is cool!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka