ntrprnr

So what did this cartoon get right?

Cover of this week's The Week.

This is NOT a political discussion. I just want to know how many things you can spot that are either right or wrong.

i'll play! looks like she has some sort of continuous riser thing going on, and her chest strap runs right to the container. hard to tell, but it might be a 2-ring release system as well.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Well... shes missing a slider, and it sort of looks like that her risers are attached to the back of the container and not her shoulders.

Not to mention that it must be an 11 cell canopy with all them A Lines.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Landing in spike heels is gonna be tricky.
The front and rear risers on each side are connected at the top.
The steering lines are connected to the toggle with a ring.
The chest strap goes all the way past the main lift web, around the side, to the backpack.
She's jumping into highly controlled airspace over Washington D.C - I hope she got clearance.

since the canopy is out she should be in a feet-to-earth position and not body-to-earth position.

her front and rear risers are connected at the top.
the links looks round

Maybe she's just in the middle of the deployment, that would explain the closed riser covers too, but why is she holding the toggles then?

Yikes! Landing on high heels. I'd rather go barefoot! :o
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

since the canopy is out she should be in a feet-to-earth position and not body-to-earth position.

the links looks round

Maybe she's just in the middle of the deployment, that would explain the closed riser covers too, but why is she holding the toggles then?

no, not since the lines are spread that far apart. that would mean the canopy is wide open so she cant be in the middle of deployment

the links looks round

Well, helmets are not law. I go barefoot often. You *could* grab your toggles before full deployment though I don't recommend it and usually not before it setting you up in the saddle. As for the belly to earth under canopy... swoopers do it all the time. :P

I'd say the only big blunder they did was not connecting the risers to the harness correctly (the connection between the risers is sometimes done on CRW canopies) and the "round" connecting links someone pointed out look more like the old square metal ones. The number of lines is hard to tell, if there are 5 it works out for a cascaded line 9-cell. However it is 6 then it works for a 11-cell with cascaded line or a 5-cell without cascading lines... it also works for a round ;) which would also explain the missing slider.

Did I miss anything? Damn riggers study course.

She is trying to do a lingerie load with the spike heels yet her outfit does nothing for me as being lingerie. You guys have it all wrong about it being a single riser. I see a second riser splitting off it's just there's an extra strap between rear and front riser....SHE'S A CREW DOG! And that pony tail is just asking to get yanked out of her head scalping her. Her perspective landing area must be the Lincoln Memorial as she is west of the Washington monument but she better not be too far west. I'll be zooming her on the River Visual 19 into National Airport bankin and yankin.

How's that?
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Well I'm impressed. Whoever did the cartoon either knows a whole lot about skydiving, or did some serious research. It makes the sport look fun, and gets us on the cover. Can't complain about that!
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

I'm surprised none of you recognized the newest member of the PD factory swoop team - there's no slider because she has an RDS!

I think the heels are a clear indication that this seasoned swooper knows exactly where she's going to land/hit/swoop/biff.
T.I.N.S.